Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Charging 50.00 to change email

Status
Not open for further replies.

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
WOW...Moniker is a piece of work.I purchased 3 domains at auction thru Snap and they were at Moniker. When I went to transfer they couldnt email me because they said they had an issue with earthlink and that earthlink wouldnt let moniker email go thru, so they wanted me to call EL and I did and EL said tell Moniker to send a letter. OMG are you kidding??? I called Moniker back and said forget it I just want to use my gmail address from now on and they said that will be 50.00 to change my email ???!!!! WTF I have never been charged anything to change my account email ?? Needless to say I will not be back to Snap or Moniker in any event...

Before I called I sent 5 emails to support and not once did they reply. They had to personally send my auth codes via moniker email to my EL email and voila they went through. So I dont know whos running that company but you have got to be kidding

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro,
It wouldnt let me do that because they said it would be 50.00....What a joke. First they passed me off to EL , who passed me back etc etc etc..Its just ridiculous at this point, I already changed my email at Snap and Moniker wont do it unless I pay them, they said they would call me back today and of course they did not, just like they never responded to 5 emails. I just cant believe a company like this that is that poor to do a simple email change.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I don't understand, this link above changes the account 'security' settings, including the email, once you log in. What does it show on your screen?

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acro, they have set it so I cannot change it ??? I just dont get it, thats exactly what the person who I talked to said, I tried 3 of my non earthlink emails and it never changed, he specifically stated 50.00 and he will change it

In addition he said he was going to have a supervisor call me and they did not

Last edited:

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Update: Tried changing email 4 times and Moniker still does not allow me to change...What a joke. Never bother calling back and does not answer support emails I have sent 6 times...

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What about setting up a new account there with a different email and pushing it. I know you'd get stuck for 60 days though?

stewie

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well technically...i think not having the correct email or contact info on your whois is in violation of ICANN requirements and as a registrar I would think they would have to allow you to change your information so that you can get the correct information. just a thought.

there has to be a way...what if your email was hacked and you lost control of it?

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
doc24, what or who is EL ? sorry, I guess I'm slow...

$50 to change your email address, if that's not a scumbag of a registrar I don't know which one is, it reminds me of f...ing Go Daddy who charges customers $70 (as in seventy smackeroos) if you should be unfortunate enough to get a C&D ($20 for that, just to tell you to reply to the complainant and send a copy to GD) and then $50 for 'servicing' (?!) when they get a copy of the actual UDRP and all they do is lock the domain so you can't touch it, that's it, lock the domain, period. Nothin else, and if they can't charge your cc they lock you out of your acct until you pay !

Who wins scumbag of the moment ? helpless Moniker or thieving Go Daddy ? We should have a vote ! Serious, when you 'leave' these guys because they wrong you, where exactly do you go ? It's appalling how few choices there are and what these people get away with, domainers are treated like cows which registrars just milk and milk until they're not useful anymore. And I thought disgusting EuroDNS was in a separate class of scumbag just by themselves.....

doc24

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They are just holding my domains hostage. I purchased them at Snap which is Moniker and they automatically go into your Moniker account.
I didnt even get a winning notice on the auction from them either...I just will not buy anymore of Snap, its not worth the hassle

EL is earthlink. moniker said they have trouble with earthlink not letting their mail go through and hence I was changing my mail which now they want to charge me 50.00 for, its the most assinine thing I have ever heard of.

Acro was correct in where you need to change it, but they locked it from changing until you pay

doc24, what or who is EL ? sorry, I guess I'm slow...

$50 to change your email address, if that's not a scumbag of a registrar I don't know which one is, it reminds me of f...ing Go Daddy who charges customers $70 (as in seventy smackeroos) if you should be unfortunate enough to get a C&D ($20 for that, just to tell you to reply to the complainant and send a copy to GD) and then $50 for 'servicing' (?!) when they get a copy of the actual UDRP and all they do is lock the domain so you can't touch it, that's it, lock the domain, period. Nothin else, and if they can't charge your cc they lock you out of your acct until you pay !

Who wins scumbag of the moment ? helpless Moniker or thieving Go Daddy ? We should have a vote ! Serious, when you 'leave' these guys because they wrong you, where exactly do you go ? It's appalling how few choices there are and what these people get away with, domainers are treated like cows which registrars just milk and milk until they're not useful anymore. And I thought disgusting EuroDNS was in a separate class of scumbag just by themselves.....

angel69

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't those two assholes of registrars deserve each other ? They should merge, and I happen to have done lots of business with both. Especially GD.

It's scary that some ppl still have valuable names with Moniker, all that incompetence/ignorance will make their security slip, and soon. It's just a matter of time. Keystone Cops cannot possibly continue good security while failing in ALL other areas (Moniker). As for Go Daddy, well, I ran out of disparaging adjectives. For now.....

They are just holding my domains hostage. I purchased them at Snap which is Moniker and they automatically go into your Moniker account.
I didnt even get a winning notice on the auction from them either...I just will not buy anymore of Snap, its not worth the hassle

EL is earthlink. moniker said they have trouble with earthlink not letting their mail go through and hence I was changing my mail which now they want to charge me 50.00 for, its the most assinine thing I have ever heard of.

Acro was correct in where you need to change it, but they locked it from changing until you pay

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to do a bulk transfer out now and one won't authorized because it is allegedly locked, even though it isn't (oddly, I just noticed when I go to the domain it isn't a bodis page, which is should be??). I have a ticket with them, keep your fingers crossed that they don't hold the domain hostage because this is stalling the entire bulk transfer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom