Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

Selling Geo Domain Names

BigElliot650

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I’m Elliot and I’m new to selling Geo Domain Names, (BigCity+Service.coms). I created a list of questions I had about selling Geo Domain Names to businesses thru e-mail. I was hoping to hire virtual freelance workers in The Philippines to do the “grunt” work for me for about Four US Dollars per hour after I learn the process on virtualstaff.ph

I was hoping to generate responses and some discussion with these questions.

1.) What’s the best and most thorough way to generate a long list of potential businesses in a given city that might be interested in buying a Geo Domain Name?

2.) Which person in the business should you write an e-mail to in order to sell a Geo Domain Name? What is the best way to obtain this person’s contact e-mail?

3.) What is the best bulk e-mailing program, platform, or website for sending massive amounts of cold and “unsolicited” e-mails to potential businesses? (Is it something like mailchimp?)

4.) What in your experience is the best e-mail subject line for both generating results and getting past SPAM filters in selling Geo Domain Names?

5.) What in your experience is the best initial e-mail draft to send to businesses to get a response to get a response from them about your Geo Domain Name? Should your include the price of the domain you are selling in your initial e-mail to them?

6.) How can you check to see how many of the e-mails you send to businesses get read or get blocked in the SPAM filter?

7.) I understand that the United States has really strict anti-spamming laws. My understanding is that, (in the United States), if your unsolicited e-mail to a business allows them the ability to “opt-out” of receiving future e-mails from you and you make it clear that you are trying to sell them a product in the e-mail that you aren’t breaking the law in sending them unsolicited e-mail. Is this true?

8.) If a business replies back to your initial e-mail and is interested in buying your Geo Domain name but they are concerned about how they would “technically” switch their domain name to a new one how should you respond? What is they best way to explain to potential businesses how to do a 301 redirect on Google? Is there anything else a business must do besides a Google 301 redirect in order to get there new Geo domain name listed on “all” possible search engines? When a business transfers to your new Geo Domain Name will they be able to keep all of the previous SEO ranking factors that they had on their previous Domain Name? After they transfer to your Geo Domain Name will they have the exact same search engine ranking as before on both Google and on every other website?

9.) Should you include your personal cell phone number in the initial e-mail you send to businesses or just your e-mail address?

10.) I understand that having an “Exact Match Domain Name” on Google these days has a little bit of value as far as ranking higher on Google when people type that search phrase on Google but not nearly as much as it used to. I understand that “Exact Match Domain Names” are currently very important to Search Engine rankings on Bing and Yahoo. Am I correct with these two assumptions?

11.) What is the best way to know how to initially price your Geo Domain Names when local businesses e-mail you back and inquire about the price? How much should you be willing to lower the price when negotiating? What is the average starting price for a Geo Domain Name?

12.) What are the best arguments to present to customers about why a specialized Geo Domain Name is beneficial over their current domain name? Why is houstontattoos.com better than jeffstattoos.com? Should you include these arguments in your initial e-mail to customers?

13.) I understand that including a video in your initial outbound e-mail greatly decreases the chance your e-mail gets put in the SPAM filter and also greatly increases the chance that your e-mail gets viewed and replied to. Have you had any previous success in including a video in your outbound e-mails? If yes, what is the best way to create a video to embed in your initial outbound email?

14.) Is the best way to conduct the transaction of the Geo Domain sale; to list the Geo domain for sale at a set price on GoDaddy and then instruct potential customers to buy it off of the GoDaddy Website? Is there a better way of conducting a Domain sale than this method?

15.) Typically, how many times will you have to respond to a potential customer’s emails and phone calls for the Geo Domain to get sold?

16.) If you are working hard at selling your Geo Domain names and outsourcing most of the work in selling your Geo Domains then how many Geo Domains do you think you’d be able to sell in a week?

17.) Are there any other advice or recommendations that you would give to a person who is just getting started with selling Geo Domain Names?

Thank you for reading this and thinking about my questions.

-Elliot

Domain summit 2024

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Elliot

you sure have a lot of questions and many of answers will be known, as you learn and start the process of buying and selling domain names
but I will try to give some insight to a few of them.

for instance #15, my answer would be:
the number of back and forths, all depend on the domain name, the price you're asking and the level of interest a potential buyer has.
a lot of sales are the result of negotiations that take place over time

let's take #12,
since I don't send spam solicitations , then I don't have to "convince" a potential buyer why they should purchase the domain.
when they contact you, then you already know they are interested, so the only issue is pricing.

and for #11,
I feel you should already have a price in mind, if you are going to solicit people out of the blue
for flexibility in pricing, it's up to you, to consider what amount you will be happy with,
and since all geo names are not the same in regards to quality, length or even amount of existing traffic, then no one can say what the average starting price should be for your names.

Good Luck and Welcome to DNForum.com!

imo...

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
1.) What’s the best and most thorough way to generate a long list of potential businesses in a given city that might be interested in buying a Geo Domain Name?
Well, you could check with community guides for that city and see if there are businesses that might want to have a generic geo name for their business.
2.) Which person in the business should you write an e-mail to in order to sell a Geo Domain Name? What is the best way to obtain this person’s contact e-mail?
CFO or someone in charge. It can be obtained by services like Hunter.io.
3.) What is the best bulk e-mailing program, platform, or website for sending massive amounts of cold and “unsolicited” e-mails to potential businesses? (Is it something like mailchimp?)
WP.org>thenewsletterplugin.com
7.) I understand that the United States has really strict anti-spamming laws. My understanding is that, (in the United States), if your unsolicited e-mail to a business allows them the ability to “opt-out” of receiving future e-mails from you and you make it clear that you are trying to sell them a product in the e-mail that you aren’t breaking the law in sending them unsolicited e-mail. Is this true?
One email for selling a domain name may be fine, but if you continue to spam without authorization you can be in trouble. That said, the newsletter plugin does have an opt-out system.
8.) If a business replies back to your initial e-mail and is interested in buying your Geo Domain name but they are concerned about how they would “technically” switch their domain name to a new one how should you respond? What is they best way to explain to potential businesses how to do a 301 redirect on Google? Is there anything else a business must do besides a Google 301 redirect in order to get there new Geo domain name listed on “all” possible search engines? When a business transfers to your new Geo Domain Name will they be able to keep all of the previous SEO ranking factors that they had on their previous Domain Name? After they transfer to your Geo Domain Name will they have the exact same search engine ranking as before on both Google and on every other website?
Tell them they can continue to own the name they currently have, and forward it to the new site and benefit from the geo domain with the keywords of their industry.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom