Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Charles - You're my Deadbeat of the Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Charles Wisner of Wayland, MA.

You're my Deadbeat of the Day!

Thanks for wasting my time and Sedo's time.

Hopefully NO ONE will waste their time attempting to complete a domain transaction with you.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Did you ask Sedo to ban him? They do but only if you request it. Otherwise, due to the anonymity of offers he can do the same to others.

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let's dedicate a deadbeat buyer website to him...with all the info we can dig up on anything & everything..

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I thought a ban would be automatic unless it's the first such offense.

myst woman

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
deadbeat website!

deadbeat beat

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Each case is unique. I've managed to contact deadbeats privately and convince them to either purchase the domain outside of Sedo or via Sedo's system. However, unless you plan to sue and have the full contact info surrendered, Sedo does not provide real contact info such as a phone number and email, making the task of locating such a person difficult.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I guess what really irks me is two out of three sales this week alone have not been completed.

Plus, I have been waiting nearly three weeks for a transfer of a name I purchased through Sedo.

I guess what really irks me is two out of three sales this week alone have not been completed.

Plus, I have been waiting nearly three weeks for a transfer of a name I purchased through Sedo.

mclovin

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
A deadbeat list sounds like a good idea with many potential problems...

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
chuckwisner .com ?

Honan

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I might reg. deadbeats.com.au to list my deadbeat buyers

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This particular thread was just so needed.

This week alone, two out of three multi-thousand dollar deals were not completed with the buyer not paying or nowhere to be found. In total, three already in July.

I spent the better part of Monday and Tuesday negotiating with the buyer of one domain that I actually had an additional offer on. Once we finalized the price, I sent him all the payment details. After many hours I wanted to make sure that he got the payment details. He said he had but wanted to "mull it over couple of days" - after wasting several hours with this guy over two days and finally coming to terms (me basically accepting his terms).

tzsxc

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
For me, i don't like to burn bridges. Depends on whether the guy is an end-user or not., they may be wishy-washy but they may come back and buy the name later. So why slash-and-burn?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So why slash-and-burn?
Looks to me that the person on the other end slashed and burned.

I negotiated in good faith and reached an acceptable price. Plus, he made the offer to pay immediately via PayPal, Bank Wire, or Escrow.com.

I don't know too many end-users who make a habit of offering the domainers preferred methods of payment.

T

tekz999

There should be a rule, if you deadbeat one time, you get a warning. deadbeat 2 times, you are perm banned.

adityas

SEO King
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There should be a rule, if you deadbeat one time, you get a warning. deadbeat 2 times, you are perm banned.

Though that might be the thing to do in certain good faith circles, it doesn't make sense.

I tell you, that it's bad when you waste time negotiating, and then the buyer leaves you high and dry and sometimes even fails to respond.

But what's worse is when you turn another buyer down, because our deadbeat-wannabe-buyer-scumbag has assured that he can pay you more.

In a scenario like that, if your on Sedo you may lose the deal altogether, and still be stuck with the name, you almost sold!

So a deadbeat is a deadbeat, and ban should be instant.

If your on a forum, maybe a fraction seems more appropriate.

Honestly speaking having huge lists of dead beat buyers will kill the cause, and multiple websites with huge lists might not be the answer. Maybe a central database yes, but not many sites----with huge lists isn't going to make a difference IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom