Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Charles - You're my Deadbeat of the Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
This particular thread was just so needed.

Even here, we got some deadbeats sellers.

Wasted my time and posts.

Well, moving on.

FormerDnForumer

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Funny: In thousands of transactions over ten plus years, I have never completed a transaction through Sedo. I just don't even bother with that place.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let's dedicate a deadbeat buyer website to him...with all the info we can dig up on anything & everything..

Good idea. Perhaps a site that lists all dead beat buyers, scammers in the domain industry.

Maybe we could even extend this to list all known typosquatters...but that would include pretty much 99% of the domain industry ;)

AndreaB

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I can't stand Sedo deadbeats --- I've had two of them and I personally contacted Sedo and received responses that they'd been banned. They seem to be getting more frequent. I always keep in touch with my Sedo account contact during a transaction.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I can't stand Sedo deadbeats --- I've had two of them and I personally contacted Sedo and received responses that they'd been banned. They seem to be getting more frequent. I always keep in touch with my Sedo account contact during a transaction.
I am glad sedo bans them.

But the issue is the sign up process - the so called "verification" process or what ever they are calling it today.

Apparently if you have a pulse, you can create a sedo account and bid in auctions less than 10K. And having an account you can make offers to anyone. There is no accountability process.

2007 was horrendous for me. If I recall, 60% or more of sales were not completed by the buyer.

Sedo is simply another spot to list domains to help get them indexed. I get very little excitement out of an offer generated by Sedo's contact email.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am glad sedo bans them.

But the issue is the sign up process - the so called "verification" process or what ever they are calling it today.

Apparently if you have a pulse, you can create a sedo account and bid in auctions less than 10K. And having an account you can make offers to anyone. There is no accountability process.

2007 was horrendous for me. If I recall, 60% or more of sales were not completed by the buyer.

Sedo is simply another spot to list domains to help get them indexed. I get very little excitement out of an offer generated by Sedo's contact email.

I assume 90% of the sales on Sedo fall below the 10k mark. So that means that anybody can buy most of the domains listed at Sedo without any verification.

There's obviously a need to update their system

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I close most of my Sedo deals. A couple times the deal fell through (buyer didn't pay), but later the buyer comes back and finishes it - they had problems with Sedo payment methods, foreign buyers, etc.

Waiting on a transfer is usually Sedo being slow. If it is an easy push with one of the registrars they use often, it can be quick, but if it is an enom or Godaddy reseller account where the domain is on 60 day lock and can't be transferred, etc. - that grinds the process to a crawl. Takes about 3 days for Sedo to respond to comments in the transfer center.

I've got one like this going now. Maybe it's the one you are waiting on Doc?
Anyway, finally got Sedo to get an account at this reseller and got it pushed, but they still haven't finished yet.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm all for a deadbeat list. Here are a few from the last couple of weeks at Sedo:

Steve Patterson
639 manchester old rd
4pn
m24
United Kingdom

Hamid Haji
2411 st-jhons st
port moody, BC v3h 2b2
Canada

ohkus

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm no lawyer but I'd sure consult one before calling people dead beats in public as the person who made an offer on your domain might not be the person you are listing....

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm no lawyer but I'd sure consult one before calling people dead beats in public as the person who made an offer on your domain might not be the person you are listing....

Sedo has made a big deal of 'verifying' potential buyers, and Sedo has named these people as the deadbeats.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The information has been provided by Sedo.

Adapt Web

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OK i just got my deadbeats info from Sedo.. $1k deal, turns out he is a CEO to a $10mil+ company, go figure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom