Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Chat only accessible for platinum members?

Status
Not open for further replies.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just tried to access the chatroom but it won't let me.
Is the chat only for platinum members now?
Didn't see anything that says so on the platinum member plans page.
Anybody can clear me up?

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gold or Platinum.

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Surprised, no not realy.

Mike

dot

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmmm funny how the amount of active users dropped to half over here.. long live domainstate :)

DNbuy

Level 4
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Although I would not generally comment unless I have something positive to say, I may as well. I won't be here after march 16th anyways. It is not about the money. It is the principle. It is wrong to take free forum that brought people in the industry closer together while helping to educate and charge for it.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DNbuy
I won't be here after march 16th anyways.

Jim you're very lucky to be here now. You should have been booted a long time ago when you tried to sabotage the auction on the first night. Fortunately you failed miserably. Don't let the door hit you in ass.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dot
hmmm funny how the amount of active users dropped to half over here..

Just in case somebody might be fooled by this statement - let me clarify....

1) The amount of members (total) showing on the board has dropped because Greg purged the system - getting rid of people with multiple ID's - as well as cleaning out the members who were only here to cause problems. So the number you see are REAL people. We don't need to pad out numbers - and we also don't need to allow idiots as members to boost our ratings. If the same procedure was done at any other decent sized forum - you would get similar results.

2) As far as daily active users - things are as busy as ever.

Long Live DNF! :D

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is wrong to take free forum that brought people in the industry closer together while helping to educate and charge for it.

Would it also then be wrong to promote your business in your "sig line" on a "Free Forum"?? Hypocrisy sometimes has a way of biting you in the ass when you don't live by your words.

>>>Jim Kerr
DNbuy inc.
www.dnbuy.com
[email protected]<<<<

You may not understand this but DNF has actually gotten better since GregR started charging. As a platinum member I have a thread all to myself promoting my business (as a paid member). I have access to a live auction that promotes "smooth sales". Try your luck on eBay and see how far that gets you!! I have access to some of the best legal minds, and I get to have serious conversations with industry leaders who are making things happen in the domain industry.

Paying to have access to a good forum is going to be an industry standard in time. Might as well get used to it. Paying for "better service" has been around since the days of Jesus.

As with all good things in life, nothing is free, except when you get the rare chance to sit down and watch the sun set over the ocean.

Penguin

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Although I would not generally comment unless I have something positive to say, I may as well. I won't be here after march 16th anyways. It is not about the money. It is the principle. It is wrong to take free forum that brought people in the industry closer together while helping to educate and charge for it.

Ive only been a member of the forum since January and I only buy and sell domains ocassionally. However I do browse the forums on a daily basis and I think the information here is worth alot more than the 15.00 a gold membership would cost you. I would guess that everyone here has spent alot more than that buying domain names. Information is valuable my friend and well worth a few measley dollars.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I spent $50 for a Platinum membership. It wasn't the money, it was the principle. The principle that letting someone else foot the entire bill for something that produces huge benefits for me is not something to be proud of.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom