Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Chat Room Posting

chat content private or public access

• restrict usage of chat room content

Votes: 1 50.0%
  • unrestricted use of content

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • send out millions of spam with chat content

Votes: 1 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

avs162

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Greetings,

This may have been covered and may even be covered in help but i have only seen bits and pieces of the issue addressed.

Is the chatroom considered sacrosanct and if so what are the consquences for distributing information in a public forum that was intended for a few members and potentialy could be taken out of context.

Dont get me wrong i have no illusion the chats are confidential and the data is there forever and it is with that in mind that i post and anything i say i will stand behind. The issue i think is members using data out of context and to support arguements that are ongoing and sometimes less than cordial. I would suggest that the standard be set to allow chat room users to have reasonable expectaions of the allowed use of there posts by users of the forum internally and externally. While impossible to prohibit the distribution of information should it be prohibbited and offenders be penelized or should there be a disclaimer on chat warning of potential distribution of posts.

Rule #1 Dont post anything you dont want to see on 60Minutes

Either way for me is fine as i am actually flattered someone is bored enough to quote me and some is quite harmless and even entertaining but some who depend on credibilty to survive in this biz may have cause for concern.

Is this an issue and are there or should there be policy or information posted regarding the containment of information posted in the chat room.

are there logs and accesible to who and kept for how long?

Just some thoughts

sean
avs162

Chat room is good place for eating, sleeping (alone?), tennis, bathing, tv-watching, etc... to park your nick there so people can wake you up with *evil* voice :evil: <pause>

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom