Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Sling M e d i a vs Me

chandldj

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I received the email below regarding my domain [sling DOT in]. I had never heard of Sling M e d i a until now. I registered in good faith and have only parked it and have not done anything with the name to confuse with their brand. I'd say this is a reverse domain hijacking attempt. Advice on how I should respond?

----------------------
Dear Domain Owner,

Sling M e d i a, Inc. (Sling) is a leader in content distribution technology and mobile phone applications, including software applications that allow the reception of audio/video content and other data over the internet. Sling is the owner of numerous trademarks in the U.S. and other countries covering hardware, software and telecommunications services, including United States Trademark Registration Numbers 3,719,986, 3,851,688 and 4,298,400 for SLING (the Sling Marks). Through its long-term use, Sling has developed strong federal, state and common law trademark and trade name rights in and to the Sling Marks.

Sling has recently learned that you have registered, without Sling?s permission or authorization, the domain name(s) 'sling.in' (the Domain Name(s)). The Domain Name(s) incorporates one or more of the Sling Marks in their entirety or in part, and/or is confusingly similar thereto and suggests Sling?s sponsorship or endorsement of your web site(s). Your use of the Sling Marks creates a substantial likelihood of actual confusion as to the source and origin of the services offered by your web site(s). Consumers may mistakenly assume that Sling is somehow affiliated with your web site(s). Thus, Sling regards the use of the Sling Marks in the Domain Name(s) as trademark infringement and unfair competition.

Therefore, Sling demands that you immediately: (i) cease using the Sling Marks; (ii) cease use of the Domain Name(s); and (iii) refrain from any and all future use of the Sling Marks and all colorable variants thereof. Sling prefers to resolve this matter without taking legal action. However, if you do not provide written assurance that you have complied with the aforementioned demands, then Sling will take appropriate action as deemed necessary.

Should you require additional information or wish to further discuss this issue, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.
This letter is sent without prejudice to Sling and its affiliate?s rights, remedies and claims, all of which are expressly reserved.

Sincerely,

Sling M e d i a, Inc.
---------------------

Domain summit 2024

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom