Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Cheapest OpenSRS/TUCOWS registrations?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi All :)

I need to renew a few domains currently at OpenSRS. Does anyone know who the cheapest OpenSRS/TUCOWS affiliate is?

I don't want the hassle of transferring lots of domains elsewhere..

Thanks,

Chris.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Easyhosting.com is running a special offer till 31 December 2002 which charges only CA$14.95 (i.e. <US$10) for new CNO registration as well as transfer IN's (NOT renewal though).

FYI: Easyhosting/Look is actually the same company (Tucows) that brings you OpenSRS. They also have another company which targets the U.S. retail market (domaindirect.com) but with higher prices.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Beachie Hi All :) I need to renew a few domains currently at OpenSRS. Does anyone know who the cheapest OpenSRS/TUCOWS affiliate is? I don't want the hassle of transferring lots of domains elsewhere.. Thanks, Chris.

If you want low cost reg then don't look at staying with an OpenSRS reseller as their WHOLESALE cost is a high $10. That's 1/3 higher than available elsewhere at a RETAIL level, meaning their retailers must charge even more to make a profit, typically $15 or so.

Isn't it amazing OpenSRS claims they are a wholesaler but higher prices than retail. They claim they can justify the high reseller price due to their support and other things but paying as much as 30% more is asking a lot.

I am looking to become a reseller elsewhere, possibly GoDaddy. But concerned why GoDaddy opened a seperate firm named Wild West Domains for the low reseller cost. Anyone know why?

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by Beachie

I need to renew a few domains currently at OpenSRS. Does anyone know who the cheapest OpenSRS/TUCOWS affiliate is?

Thanks,

Chris.

When faced with this situation, I use 000domains.com.

Theycharge $13.50

-Bob

thinkaholic

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bob

When faced with this situation, I use 000domains.com.

Theycharge $13.50

-Bob

I have had nothing but good experiences with 000domains.com

Their interface is very good and their support is excellent. I recently switched to eNom and like them a little better on both features and price, but I have no problem referring people to 000domains who need a tucows registrar

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can someone send me an actual WILD WEST domains reseller page(s) to look at. Do they have as great of an API as ENOM?? How much can you customize the site and do they provide all credit card transactions free with the $99 setup fee?

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Beachie

Thanks,

Chris.

Hello Beachie,

The lowest you can get for OpenSRS renewal is $10>, this is because the reseller price is $10. I suggest that you transfer your domain name to enom reseller (www.needname.com) as low as $8.75. When you transfer your domain name from one registrar to another, it will add up one year subscription.

Please send me pm if you're interested so I can assist you.

tw

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
12-10-2002 08:59 AM
>nameslave: Easyhosting.com is running a special offer till 31 December 2002 which charges only CA$14.95 (i.e. <US$10)

12-19-2002 11:34 AM
>TheWatcher: The lowest you can get for OpenSRS renewal is $10>, this is because the reseller price is $10.

??? :confused:

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nameslave,

I've checked the easyhosting domain name, they charge for 19.95 and discounted for $14.95.

If they are openSRS/Tucows reseller, they get the domains for $10. Therefore they have to charge their customer higher than $10 or package this with their webhosting plans.

What part of this confused you, please elaborate so I can help out.

Cheers,
tw

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since working with many registrars enom, opensrs/tucows, wildwest, and others. I have no issue regarding returning domains from one registrar to another.

I'm sure this can be a problem from any registrar because of many issues such as domain expiration, legal/trademark issues, , domain hijacking, etc.

This particular incident is not new to all registrars.

Regards,
tw

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Going back to the real question of this thread.

The resellers of OpenSRS/Tucows get it for $10 /registration. So you may expect higher than $10 for registration and renewal.

Cheers,
tw

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Easyhosting.com is charging $14.95 CANADIAN, which translates to LESS THAN US$10. And you do NOT need to buy any hosting plan to get this.

FYI: OpenSRS resellers CAN get BELOW US$10 with BULK purchase.

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by consumernet

The issue is how ENOM responds to cases involving these very important matters. If you scroll down you will see my posting of how ENOM is reacting to a variety of issues. These are the imporatnt issues in chossing a registrar, not whether you can save a buck. This week ENOM is now spamming me and ringing my phone trying to get me to bring my domains over to them.

I'm sorry to hear about it. I envy you, I'm a direct reseller of ENOM and they never call me :sad:

Are you a clients of other registrar? Please let me know. Same marketing approach from other registrar, once in a while I got renewal notice from different registrar. This is including my other business partners.:)

thank you,
tw:)

EM @MAJ.com

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave
Easyhosting.com is charging $14.95 CANADIAN, which translates to LESS THAN US$10. And you do NOT need to buy any hosting plan to get this.

FYI: OpenSRS resellers CAN get BELOW US$10 with BULK purchase.

Thanks for the correction.

With OpenSRS, I guess I need to revisit them again. I'm also direct reseller of OpenSRS and have no idea of this bulk offer less $10.

Cheers,
tw

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom