Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

china bans individuals from registering domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be that optimistic.
Totalitarian governments will continue to exist as long as people allow themselves to be manipulated, of course that applies to any nation on Earth :)

bwhhisc

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Eventually, the internet will prove to be the undoing of all totalitarian governments. The genie will not go back into the bottle.:)

Well said...you can see evidence of that on the youtube clips coming from places like Iran. Cellphones are the computers of the future, they will dramaticaly change the political world with a power like nothing ever imagined within the next decade.

dn-101

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Chinese dickheads are teaching other dickheads how to control the web and how to diminish or steal domains.

And the biggest bullshitter, Rubber Dick, just dropped or sold for $1
hundreds of Asian names.

Johnn

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Chinese dickheads are teaching other dickheads how to control the web and how to diminish or steal domains.

And the biggest bullshitter, Rubber Dick, just dropped or sold for $1
hundreds of Asian names.

Please be professional and watch your language.

Thanks,

DaddyHalbucks

Domain Buyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't be that optimistic.
Totalitarian governments will continue to exist as long as people allow themselves to be manipulated, of course that applies to any nation on Earth :)

Governments have enormous power over individuals. Just look at the USA, the flagship of global freedom. Most USA citizens are very unhappy with Obama, but we have to put up with him for another 3 years, minimum. Some countries do not even have regular or fair elections. In many of those cases, the people do not "allow themselves to be manipulated" --they are actively repressed by their government and they risk imprisonment or death for simply advocating democratic reforms.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Most USA citizens are very unhappy with Obama, but we have to put up with him for another 3 years, minimum.
The latest Gallup poll says: "The Dec. 11-13 USA Today/Gallup poll finds 56% of Americans saying they have a favorable view of the president, with 42% viewing him unfavorably." So it's untrue to say "most" of his constituents are "very unhappy" with him.

(I agree with your larger point, that "Governments have enormous power over individuals.")

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Let's just say that the US, like most Western nations, has become increasingly authoritarian and has been moving closer to China, while China is moving closer to the US :D

Name

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Let's just say that the US, like most Western nations, has become increasingly authoritarian and has been moving closer to China, while China is moving closer to the US :D
Great Comments:smilewinkgrin:

Wot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

We all meet in Germany- that's about half way I believe. :lol:

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It depends, which way they are moving, might as well be the middle of the Pacific

Tenkk

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
what matt?

Last edited:

mediawizard

MediaWizard
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You're spot on Matt, sad to say.

I've always suspected something to this effect for the longest of times.

The rich keep getting richer, till a revolution like you said, but again people are too complacent.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am 21 years old. I hang out with people my age all the time. If someone that is 40-60 comes here and disagrees with me, then they do not know what they are talking about. My generation is DOOMED. There is NO WAY OUT unless a civil war happens.
I TOTALLY agreed (yes, agreeD) with you, when I was about 19 and the FSLN (Sandinistas) and Ian Curtis (Joy Division) were my heroes. (Google if it's necessary.) But that was more than 20 years ago, and I'm still here, so apparently there's a way out.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I TOTALLY agreed (yes, agreeD) with you, when I was about 19 and the FSLN (Sandinistas) and Ian Curtis (Joy Division) were my heroes. (Google if it's necessary.) But that was more than 20 years ago, and I'm still here, so apparently there's a way out.
Too bad Ian Curtis didn't feel there was a way out ....

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Glad I don't live in a country where the Prime Minister shuts down parliament to avoid an investigation into violations of the Geneva Conventions... oh wait I do.

DTalk

DomainMan
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I am 21 years old. I hang out with people my age all the time. If someone that is 40-60 comes here and disagrees with me, then they do not know what they are talking about.

At 11, we know nothing...

At 21, we think we know everything...

At 31, we learn how little we know...

At 41, we feel we're getting somewhere...

At 51, we think we know everything, again...

...At 61...we realise that a hundred years from now - none of it will matter a toss to any of us, anyway...:)

It was ever thus...:D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom