Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

For Sale CIRA Changes - What's Missing

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Since CIRA "upgraded" the registry system I find myself missing some simple things.

I miss being able to view each registrant profile at registrants.cira.ca. If there is a replacement they haven't announced it nor linked to it from the old page. I just don't see the reasoning behind removing such a feature.

I also miss the registration and renewal emails CIRA would send. It makes for tracking things much easier and could act as a fallback should the need arise.

I surmise if you only own a small handful of domains the system now doesn't seem that bad. Own more than that at multiple registrars like most of us do, and the new system isn't exactly user friendly. And wasn't that the whole point of the CIRA rework?

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since CIRA "upgraded" the registry system I find myself missing some simple things.

I miss being able to view each registrant profile at registrants.cira.ca. If there is a replacement they haven't announced it nor linked to it from the old page. I just don't see the reasoning behind removing such a feature.

I also miss the registration and renewal emails CIRA would send. It makes for tracking things much easier and could act as a fallback should the need arise.

I surmise if you only own a small handful of domains the system now doesn't seem that bad. Own more than that at multiple registrars like most of us do, and the new system isn't exactly user friendly. And wasn't that the whole point of the CIRA rework?

Actually it would seem to be intentional by design to impede your work.

liberator

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is up to the registrars to implement a system for managing your contacts, domains. Right now most system were built with the xml-rpc api in mind, so the move to a more intuitive system may take some time for most registrars as they rework their database and code to work with the new structure/api.

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
So registrars are to take the bulk of the work but retain their small profit margin while lessening the burden on CIRA who doesn't seem inclined to drop the wholesale rate and it also decreases the service levels to the registrants. Seems fair doesn't it?

fwdtech

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It is up to the registrars to implement a system for managing your contacts, domains. Right now most system were built with the xml-rpc api in mind, so the move to a more intuitive system may take some time for most registrars as they rework their database and code to work with the new structure/api.

I've also found that changing contact info on a domain at 1 registrar does not change info for domains under the same registrant at another registrar, so if you want to make contact changes, you must do so at each registrar.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
So registrars are to take the bulk of the work but retain their small profit margin while lessening the burden on CIRA who doesn't seem inclined to drop the wholesale rate and it also decreases the service levels to the registrants. Seems fair doesn't it?

Oh no, CIRA must do this to reduce costs and so avoid a price increase! What with the higher cost of technology, public relations agencies, country club memberships and so on, it is a wonder they are able to keep their lights on each week!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom