Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Affiliate Programs CJ.com - Commission Junction - not paying?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jeffreyw said:
Any update?

Absolutely no further response from CJ, other than to admit that they had an 'error' on the 1 click/purchase that I made personally and could prove down to the second and show on my credit card.

I understand they will be presenting again at the next big domain conference (the big one with 2000 attendees each time, not Rick's little 100 person gathering), and I will be there to publicly humilate the person on stage. I should have done it last time, but the person on stage promised to resolve the problem personally if I met her after her speech, which I did and got zero followup or reply.

This won't work a second time. I will be loud, rude, and ruthless (but 100% truthful) in front of a large crowd of their customers, and I will make sure they regret ever ripping me off or trying to dismiss me with the 'I'll personally handle this when I get back to the office' crap. Bring your camcorder, it will be ugly.

For those who didn't read this entire thread -- Commission Junction / eHarmony is cheaping customers. I got suspicious, ran my own purchase, and caught them commiting fraud by failing to report ANY sale at all.

pleasedelete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I feel sorry that you are having probs with CJ. They're by far my favorite affiliate program income source as far as consolidators go. I get paid for eHarmony, Yahoo Personals and Match.com (well, used to when Match still used CJ) links.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GeneralBill said:
I feel sorry that you are having probs with CJ. They're by far my favorite affiliate program income source as far as consolidators go. I get paid for eHarmony, Yahoo Personals and Match.com (well, used to when Match still used CJ) links.

Have you run any tests? If so, did they make all of the payments to you that they were supposed to? If not, how do you know they aren't ripping you off too? My experience tells me that when companies commit fraud, it's usually not usually just against one ot two others, it's against a LOT of others.

The total lack of response from Commission Junction to absolute proof that they have committed fraud tells me they have been caught by a MANY others. If this were some sort of honest mistake, any reputable company would have been on the phone with an apology and have the problem corrected the same day.

pleasedelete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I let my visitors act as the testers. My links are working well enough.

seeker

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
any serious alternatives to CJ after this fiasco?

pleasedelete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't think you should be scared to use them. I've had a good experience with them and I think Google AdSense, CJ and LinkShare are the three best consolidators out there. I don't think anyone should need to go elsewhere... Maybe Advertising.com is good but I haven't used them.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GeneralBill said:
I don't think you should be scared to use them. I've had a good experience with them and I think Google AdSense, CJ and LinkShare are the three best consolidators out there. I don't think anyone should need to go elsewhere... Maybe Advertising.com is good but I haven't used them.

Bill --

With due respect, how can you make this statement about a company that has been caught in the act of fraud? It's like telling people that Enron stock is a 'great buy' while the scandal was being exposed, or sending your kids to a sleepover at Michael Jackson's house.

I just noticed that you are a developer, so now I'm more curious than ever how you know with certainty (as you stated) that 100% of your clicks from your clients have been paid? Are you running a toolbar on your customers' machines, or altering your CJ links (in violation of their policy) to log a click in your database while sending the user to CJ?

I do not see how you can make the statements you've made here without doing what I did -- click through the link and spend the $50 and see if it shows up as a reported sale. Otherwise it's called "guessing" and "trusting", not "testing".

pleasedelete

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I cannot say that my links have worked 100% of the time, but I assume they work correctly because I get paid and see reports that look good. I don't think a company that large is going to try to scam people. I hope that you are able to work through this with them because they are a great company in my opinion to do business with and there aren't many viable alternatives.

Do you see impressions and clicks being counted in your daily stats page when you log in? Were you already a customer of eHarmony? If you have a high traffic site which deals with dating and relationships, then you should see at least a few eHarmony leads every month.

JuniperPark

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
GeneralBill said:
I cannot say that my links have worked 100% of the time, but I assume they work correctly because I get paid and see reports that look good. I don't think a company that large is going to try to scam people. I hope that you are able to work through this with them because they are a great company in my opinion to do business with and there aren't many viable alternatives.

Large companies don't scam people? You're kidding right? Ever heard of Enron? Worldcom? IdeaLab? Paragrin? All 100x the size of CJ. There is no hope of "working with" a company that got caught cheating and does nothing about it but continue to cheat others. If you are OK with being cheated, that's fine, but please don't make statements you can't back up as you did in your previous posts. I *CAN* back up the statements I'm making.

GeneralBill said:
Do you see impressions and clicks being counted in your daily stats page when you log in? Were you already a customer of eHarmony? If you have a high traffic site which deals with dating and relationships, then you should see at least a few eHarmony leads every month.

I was not a customer of eHarmony prior to my purchase. CJ shows thousands of impressions, hundreds of clicks and ZERO sales. CJ does not dispute that the sale was make and they false reported zero sales, they just simply will do not fix their system, pay me, or even tell me how many other sales I was cheated out of.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have used CJ of and on for different things from snowboard stuff to golf clubs and rugs.
The "buy through your own links" seems wierd as my wifes surefit slipcovers purchase through one of my sites was credited to my account then taken out but this was probably 2 years ago.
When I used CJ my conversions were ok at best.

In your case CJ should have done the right thing and paid you the commission since according to eHarmony and CJ you joined eHarmony through your link. I guess this is where a smaller company may be better than a big one. In my business if someone brought something like this to my attention I would immediately get to the root of the problem and make the customer happy not string them along.
Now they have an even more disgruntled customer on their hands who will cost them much more business in the future.

GL

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom