Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

click count different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
well.again..do you have a domain that has a ctr of 100+% on any given day?.what if they dont count the second click and they say (hide) in their terms they are going to pay only the first one and get paid for two by google..is that ok? would it then also be ok to say they are just going to pay every third click?

I'd like to hear some proof first, you know, actually facts, that they are pocketing it.

Dude, I use Sedo too, so they are screwing me along with the others.

And I thnk if this is true, I hope its not, but if it is, the advetising it would get, the attention, would bring a very big result.

This can't be true...

Jay

Welkin

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
btw. this is the whole topic from the Parking FAQ:

"What counts as a ‘view’ for parked domains?

A valid view is counted if the parked domain is typed into the browser or the user comes to the site via a link in a search engine.

Please note double views and manipulated clicks can be detected by our system and are filtered out. Multiple clicks and views from the same user (IP address) are also not counted. If views or clicks are manipulated, we are obliged to remove your domains from the parking program and withhold revenue."

shaggyboy75

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
just checked carefully the "Sedo User Agreement" (Effective Date: 10/23/2006) and the "Domain Parking Specifications and Guidelines ".

particularly, Art 5.3.6. Generation of Click Balance and Payment. and 5.3.7. Suspicion of "Fake Traffic" and Consequences.

Well, from my legal studies, i've learned to read agreements, (what a shame if i got everything wrong ;p) and i read the following:

Sedo as to pay every click made on a parking page by an internet user unless it is suspected of "fake traffic"; well we just park domains and wait, nothing "suspicious".
An internet user can, upon sedo agreement, comes back on the parking page few times in the day and click on links, if the links are good and if he likes the layout, nothing wrong with that.
"Upon reasonable suspicion that a User's Click Balance is the result of Fake Traffic, Sedo reserves the right, without prior notice and at Sedo's sole discretion, to delete any or all of the accumulated Click Balance for a User Account"
Well, there is no suspicion, so no cut off from the stats.

and finally,
art 5.3.6 "The total Click Balance generated shall be paid out to the User, if there are no indications of "fake traffic," as defined below, or active legal disputes in relation to User's use of the Domain Parking services".

So where are the yesterday stats ? for yesterday, on one domain, I had 51 visits making almost 2$, now with the new stats it shows 31views and 0.99c.
just want to know why there has ben a cut off ?
an internet user comes back with the same ip and clicked more than once on the page ? so what? same ip ok, but nothing suspicious, thats normal traffic.
It does not qualify for "Fake Traffic" and sedo suspicion is unreasonable.
give us back our traffic.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
just checked carefully the "Sedo User Agreement" (Effective Date: 10/23/2006) and the "Domain Parking Specifications and Guidelines ".

Sedo as to pay every click made on a parking page by an internet user unless it is suspected of "fake traffic"; well we just park domains and wait, nothing "suspicious".
An internet user can, upon sedo agreement, comes back on the parking page few times in the day and click on links, if the links are good and if he likes the layout, nothing wrong with that.
...6 "The total Click Balance generated shall be paid out to the User, if there are no indications of "fake traffic," as defined below, or active legal disputes in relation to User's use of the Domain Parking services".

well if Sedo has to pay the total click balance we are def. getting shafted, because they are def. NOT paying for multiple clicks by a visitor...what can we do about that?

DrBlackSEO

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
That is bad news with SEDO I just started to use them.

I had 100-150 clicks with Adsense ( visitors clicked even 5-8 times on my websites - some of them )

WIth sedo my revenue is 40%-45% and only 40-70 clicks.

This is why I had So less clicks with SEDO
I solved the mistery

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
that is really interesting info, because that means that Sedo keeps about every 2nd click for themself, but it seems since they bury that disclosure somewhere in their terms that they do, so its legally ok, but that doesnt mean its fair by any means....

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Not sure if Google actually pays for that 2nd click. On another note, my earnings today look very paltry :-(

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes they only record 1 click per unique visitor.

I moved one of my domains to a parking sponsor that recorded as many as possible, I received 2x the number of clicks for each visitor! It makes a big difference believe it or not.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
too bad sedo is only commenting here about their auction system and not parking issues

shaggyboy75

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok so we just receive money, and sedo too, when user A click on ad B. Getting a bit confused.

A= viewer identified.
B= one ad on page
G= the feed ads provider.
C,D,E,...= other ads on page and on pages linked from categories.

for us >> no money when A clicks more than once on B.
for us >> no money when A clicks on C,D, E,.... after the first click of A on B.

for sedo >>no money when A clicks more than once on B, (agree that is useless for A, and can indicate click fraud, and pretty sure G will not paid such repetitious of clicks by same user).
for sedo >> no money when A clicks on C,D,E,.... after that A clicked on B. ??? mystery...
does that click is ok in the relation sedo - G and suspicious in sedo - us ?

solution:
for us>> money on the first click on each ad by user A.

how bad is that, dont even know on what we get paid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom