Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Clicking on sites through a proxy

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluesticker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I know that parking sites track ip addresses to make sure that there is no fraud happening but how do they track if people are clcking through a proxy site?

This could also be used to inflate clicks when selling traffic names.

I know on Sedo you can see where in the world the clicks are coming from, but what if peopel use multiple proxies...could you make it look like traffic is coming from the uk to a uk domain when the clicker lives in the US?

Just wondering...
D

Domain Days 2024

typist

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think it's highly unlikely that click fraud through open (public) proxies will go undetected, as ppc companies most likely keep an updated database of open proxies. I don't assume you'd like to run your own botnet, and anyway any significant amount of clicks and/or possibly fraudulent click patterns from suspicious addresses will trigger automatic and/or manual investigations.

Try to count the "Why did my account get closed"-threads here in this forum.

As for sedo - as long as you inflate traffic, but not click stats, you may get away with it, until the buyer looks into the stats.

IMHO, any such kind of fraud would simply be a waste of own time and resources, in addition to the obvious moral dilemmas: There's much more profitable ways to make money in the long run.

Ehsan

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
From the nature of your post it lloks like you are trying to click your own ads put up by the parking company lol ....kidding lol dont mind :yo:

bluesticker

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
No not my ads...
but i recently bought a traffic name and the earnings never materialized.
so i've been wondering if this people could inflate earnings by clicking through proxies without getting there ip addresses flagged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom