Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

client.us & customer.us - hijacked from my acct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
These 2 domains were hijacked from my account at RegFly in March 2004. And it's now appeared to be with someone who identify himself as:

whois removed as requested.

What should I do with him?

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I know that guy. (Member here) He's as honest as they come. Are you sure that you didn't just let them expire and they got picked up in a drop? I'll notify him and have him contact you and figure it out.
Doc

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
I know that guy. (Member here) He's as honest as they come. Are you sure that you didn't just let them expire and they got picked up in a drop? I'll notify him and have him contact you and figure it out.
Doc

I'm 100% sure. See the reg date, it's still in 2002 and if you see historic whois, I (Nextnet Technology) was the owner until March 2004.

I bought these 2 domains from RegFly domainmarket, then placed one of them for an appraisal here in Nov 2003

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?t=43645

I was using spamfly email to protect my email from spammers, and that probably allow the theif to stole them.

fundraiser

** Mr. Blonde **
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I certainly did not hijack these names but I would like to help you find out why there is a discrepancy over these names. I purchased them from Ferdinand Rey. I would also appreciate if you could edit your post and remove my whois info. You know my forum name here now and I'm not going anywhere.

Also, here is an old Dnforum post where the original owner lists names he has. I bought several other of these in January 2005 from him and his soldiers.us is listed at www.greatdomains.com now.

http://www.dnforum.com/showpost.php?p=46225&postcount=10

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fundraiser said:
I certainly did not hijack these names but I would like to help you find out why there is a discrepancy over these names. I purchased them from Ferdinand Rey. I would also appreciate if you could edit your post and remove my whois info. You know my forum name here now and I'm not going anywhere.

Ferdinand Rey was the previous owner before me. Did you contact him yet?

Ferdinand Rey

whois record in 2002-11-25

Domain Name: CLIENT.US
Domain ID: D2147599-US
Sponsoring Registrar: ENOM, INC.
Domain Status: ok
Registrant ID: FERDFERD616E6F4E
Registrant Name: Ferdinand Rey
Registrant Organization: CagayanValley.com
Registrant Address1: 214 Fleming Ave
Registrant City: San Jose
Registrant State/Province: CA
Registrant Postal Code: 95127
Registrant Country: United States
Registrant Country Code: US
Registrant Email: [email protected] & [email protected]

whois record today

Domain name: CagayanValley.com

Registrant Contact:
Home
Ferdinand Rey ([email protected])
+1.4082588485
Fax:
214 Fleming Ave
San Jose, CA 95127
US

fundraiser

** Mr. Blonde **
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.biz said:
Ferdinand Rey was the previous owner before me. Did you contact him yet?

Ferdinand Rey

whois record in 2002-11-25

whois record today
I'm sorry, perhaps I don't understand. He was the original owner and he was the owner when I bought the domain. Why is it that I am contacting him?

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fundraiser said:
I'm sorry, perhaps I don't understand. He was the original owner and he was the owner when I bought the domain. Why is it that I am contacting him?

Because it's clearly that he is a thief and you bought the domain name from a thief. I don't expect you to contact him. I was just asking because I tried to contact him already. The phone is not working. The first email bounced.

Arsenik

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.biz, You are saying the person (Ferdinand Rey) who sold you the domain stole them back from you and then sold them to fundraiser?

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Arsenik said:
.biz, You are saying the person (Ferdinand Rey) who sold you the domain stole them back from you and then sold them to fundraiser?

yeah, that is what it sounds like.. lol

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Arsenik said:

I bought the domain thru RegFly's market place in Nov 2003. I didn't deal with the owner directly and had no idea that he was a member here. Immediately, after I bought it, I put it for an appraisal here.

And according to historic whois, here is what happen

- Nov 2003 - Mar 2004 I was listed as the domains' owner

- Mar 2004, the owner was changed back to Ferdinand Rey without my knowledge and it wasn't a drop.

- May 2004, the domains were transfered to GoDaddy

- Then the owner changed again in 2005 to "Rob DeMartinis" or DNF member "fundraiser"

I'm contacting the thief and his email addresses were bounced, his phone doesn't work. Finally, I found him at

Registrant Contact:
Home
Ferdinand Rey ([email protected])
+1.4082588485
Fax:
214 Fleming Ave
San Jose, CA 95127
US

I emailed him and he didn't response. He was a member here too, using the name "ferdz".

Updated: I called his family and he is in the navy right now. I told his family what he did...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
.biz said:
I called his family and he is in the navy right now. I told his family what he did...

Let the journey begin :-D

M

mole

.biz said:
I bought these 2 domains from RegFly domainmarket

Is this domainmarket you speak still around? Can't seem to find it anymore.

fundraiser

** Mr. Blonde **
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
.biz,
I find your posting of my name again with your unsupported accusations to be highly inappropriate particularly when your claims are denied by your registrar.

http://www.dnforum.com/showpost.php?p=601603&postcount=24

“someone hijacked my 2 domains from RegFly last year...and yet their support are stupid enough to say that the domains were dropped even though the reg dated still show 2002”

I feel for your plight but you have done nothing to prove your claims of theft and I am unable to help you to solve your mystery without something concrete to go on.

It seems to me your beef is with RegFly who has denied that a hijacking took place and who operates the market place where your transaction seems to have gone awry. You never dealt with the domain owner but rather RegFly but you keep claiming the domains were stolen from you and that the original owner is a thief but RegFly denies this. Is it possible RegFly screwed-up the transaction? Never paid owner? Never had the authority to sell the names? Why would the original owner steal the domains back from you, put his real name on the whois (where you could obviously see the change through a single check of the whois) and then offer them for sale publicly on the domain boards and even on ebay?

You didn't notice for more than a year that there was an issue and after your claim was denied by your registrar you now decide to take your accusations public about domains that have not been within your control for the last 17 months. When I bought the domains, it was 10 months after the domains reverted back to the original owner. When checking the domains, I saw he had registered the domains during the dot us landrush and he still had them nearly three years later. It made sense.

While I feel for your situation, most claims of hijacking occur within days, perhaps weeks and certainly within a month or two of the occurrence. Those claims are addressed with the registrar and hopefully if the case is valid, action to restore the domain is made. It seems as likely or actually far more likely that something went wrong with the transaction at the RegFly market place where the domains may have been sold and “instantly” placed in your company’s name and it took three months for the owner to straighten out the mess with them. You have now called the family of a US serviceman and told them he stole from you though you have offered no proof he did other than the fact that your name was on the historic whois record for three months back in 2003 and early 2004, 17 months ago.

As your registrar and operator of the market place where your transaction supposedly took place has denied your claims, your unsupported accusations and persistent use of my name in association is quickly become a separate issue. I believe it is in the best interest of all to end your damaging public campaign that is causing harm to me and to the value of domains I have registered in good faith and with due diligence.

Your issue is with RegFly as they seem the only ones who should have enough information to know what really happened in this case.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What this looks like to me is a case of RegisterFly selling the names (to .biz) without authorization from the true owner at the time (Ferdz). This isn't the first time we have heard of RegFly doing this thru their domain marketplace. I'd suggest that you (.biz) question that crummy registrar before you accuse a trusted member here (Fundraiser) of thievery and before you tell a serviceman's family "what he did". I remember member (Ferdz) and he seemed like an ok guy at the time too.

.biz, seems in addition to the whois change over to you for some time, you would have documentation of the purchase and payment thru RegFly. Go after Regfly, as they were the ones you bot the names from and are the ones who are telling you that you have no complaint.

Editied to say that I had posted this prior to reading Fundraiser's post above.
Doc

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Immediately, after I bought it, I put it for an appraisal here.

I'm curious. Precisely whom did you pay? After you paid this party, did you confirm that the domains were moved into an account under your exclusive control?

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm curious. Precisely whom did you pay? After you paid this party, did you confirm that the domains were moved into an account under your exclusive control?

Regfly sells names when the owner put them on their marketplace. They don't sell name without owner's authorization. I paid Regfly and they would pay to the owner.

Yes, the domain moved to my account. I have edited the whois, but I use spamfly email feature which is something like [email protected].

I believe there were one of these two things happened:

First, the previous owner somehow get access to spamfly email, probably becuase he was the previous owner or, second, the owner told RegFly that the domains were mistakenly push to my account.

You didn't notice for more than a year that there was an issue and after your claim was denied by your registrar you now decide to take your accusations public about domains that have not been within your control for the last 17 months. When I bought the domains, it was 10 months after the domains reverted back to the original owner. When checking the domains, I saw he had registered the domains during the dot us landrush and he still had them nearly three years later. It made sense.

While I feel for your situation, most claims of hijacking occur within days, perhaps weeks and certainly within a month or two of the occurrence. Those claims are addressed with the registrar and hopefully if the case is valid, action to restore the domain is made. It seems as likely or actually far more likely that something went wrong with the transaction at the RegFly market place where the domains may have been sold and “instantly” placed in your company’s name and it took three months for the owner to straighten out the mess with them. You have now called the family of a US serviceman and told them he stole from you though you have offered no proof he did other than the fact that your name was on the historic whois record for three months back in 2003 and early 2004, 17 months ago.

I called RegFly before and they were not helpful as you all know. They kept saying that the domains were dropped.

It doesn't matter how long ago he stole it, 17 months doesn't make a theif becomes innocent.

I have just realized a few months ago that the domains were no longer in my account. I have 4,000 names with 10+ Registrars. And I can't check all of them. Since then I tried to solve the issue with Registrar and contact people involved to resolve the issue quietly. But it didn't work, that's why I have to put it in public.

I didni't say I have no proof. I have the proof of buying records and RegFly also has it. That's why they have nothing else to excuse except "the domains were dropped" which is absolutely a stupid excuse ever!

I don't blaim you when you buy the names. But I tried to contact Ferdinand Rey for this issue and 2 of his email bounced and the phone number wasn't working. Anyway, I'm still waiting for his brother or him to return my call. When I talked to his brother, he seems to know what was going on.

As your registrar and operator of the market place where your transaction supposedly took place has denied your claims, your unsupported accusations and persistent use of my name in association is quickly become a separate issue. I believe it is in the best interest of all to end your damaging public campaign that is causing harm to me and to the value of domains I have registered in good faith and with due diligence.

When the registrar doesn't help, it doesn't mean that my claim is invalid. And the domains are not cleaned until the issue is solved. When domains are in disputed, they're locked. That proofs my statement.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.biz said:
Regfly sells names when the owner put them on their marketplace. They don't sell name without owner's authorization. I paid Regfly and they would pay to the owner.

You're making 2 assumptions there that you do NOT know are fact. First, there have been complaints by others in the past that RegFly DOES sell names without the owner's authorization. Second, you do NOT know that RegFly would pay the owner.

I called RegFly before and they were not helpful as you all know. They kept saying that the domains were dropped. I didni't say I have no proof. I have the proof of buying records and RegFly also has it. That's why they have nothing else to excuse except "the domains were dropped" which is absolutely a stupid excuse ever!

If you have receipts for the payment to RegFly, you should be able to prove to them that the names were indeed purchased via their marketplace and that the names were NOT dropped. Then with their acceptance, they should be able to provide you with documentation and rewind the earlier transaction -or- refund your payment.

.biz, you need to follow up with RegFly first, and backoff your untimely accusations towards Fundraiser and Ferdz. So far the only one looking like they may be guilty is RegFly, and that is NO surprise.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Stocdoctor said:
If you have receipts for the payment to RegFly, you should be able to prove to them that the names were indeed purchased via their marketplace and that the names were NOT dropped. Then with their acceptance, they should be able to provide you with documentation and rewind the earlier transaction -or- refund your payment.

.biz, you need to follow up with RegFly first, and backoff your untimely accusations towards Fundraiser and Ferdz. So far the only one looking like they may be guilty is RegFly, and that is NO surprise.

I have to go after all parties who are involved in these domains. If your car get stolen in the parking lot, are you going to blame the parking management only?

Don't you have to report to the police to blacklist the car first? Don't you want to inform the guy who bought the stolen cars to prevent him from selling it again?

fundraiser

** Mr. Blonde **
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by .biz

Did they pay the owner? Do you know that they paid? Are you sure they have never sold a domain without the owner's authorization? You bought the domains from RegFly.
I believe there were one of these two things happened:

First, the previous owner somehow get access to spamfly email, probably becuase he was the previous owner or, second, the owner told RegFly that the domains were mistakenly push to my account.

And when this technical genius and accused master domain thief obtained the names, he did not keep them in your name to trick you. No, instead he announced to the world that he stole the domains by putting his own name on the whois. Then, rather than transferring them out immediately to make sure you could not get them back, he waited two months and then transferred them to GoDaddy where he continued to keep his name and address showing in the whois.
I called RegFly before and they were not helpful as you all know. They kept saying that the domains were dropped.

So you do business and maintain an account with a company you know to be negligent. Some might argue that is negligence on your part.
It doesn't matter how long ago he stole it, 17 months doesn't make a theif becomes innocent.

Again, calling him a thief doesn't make him one and actually time can matter. Sometimes a statute of limitations applies. Furthermore, did you renew the domain? Did you check in April of 2004 (the renewal month) to renew the domain? If you did, you would have found the problem within just a matter of weeks. If you did not renew the domains, I'm not sure how they could be considered yours. Relying on an automated system by the registrar can be considered negligent as their terms of service surely relieve them of any liability for your renewals.
I have just realized a few months ago that the domains were no longer in my account. I have 4,000 names with 10+ Registrars. And I can't check all of them.

Your inability to manage your portfolio is your own problem. To not check for over a year is also negligent. If you can't manage them all, you need to find another way - like using a simple excel spreadsheet by domain, registrar and renewal date. Also, your negligence in being inattentive to your domains is responsible for me being in the position I find myself in. You do bear responsibility for much of this problem.
Since then I tried to solve the issue with Registrar and contact people involved to resolve the issue quietly. But it didn't work, that's why I have to put it in public.

You do so at your own legal risk. I would advise doing some research on law and on the parties involved.
I didni't say I have no proof. I have the proof of buying records and RegFly also has it. That's why they have nothing else to excuse except "the domains were dropped" which is absolutely a stupid excuse ever!

You may have a misunderstanding with RegFly but you don't have proof of theft. If you continue to take it public, again you will have a legal problem to address.
When the registrar doesn't help, it doesn't mean that my claim is invalid. And the domains are not cleaned until the issue is solved. When domains are in disputed, they're locked. That proofs my statement.

Actually it does mean you claim is invalid since your transaction was with them. According to you, they supposedly are the ones who either provided an unsafe email system you chose to use or they pushed the names back without your consent as you also theorize.

I have to go after all parties who are involved in these domains. If your car get stolen in the parking lot, are you going to blame the parking management only?

Don't you have to report to the police to blacklist the car first? Don't you want to inform the guy who bought the stolen cars to prevent him from selling it again?

So you admit you are "going after" me and you freely admit that you are currently interfering, and will continue to interfere, with my business by using a public forum to discredit me and my lawful purchase of domains. I have politely asked you to stop and you have refused. I hope you understand the implications of this point.

.biz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
fundraiser said:
Did they pay the owner? Do you know that they paid? Are you sure they have never sold a domain without the owner's authorization? You bought the domains from RegFly.

And when this technical genius and accused master domain thief obtained the names, he did not keep them in your name to trick you. No, instead he announced to the world that he stole the domains by putting his own name on the whois. Then, rather than transferring them out immediately to make sure you could not get them back, he waited two months and then transferred them to GoDaddy where he continued to keep his name and address showing in the whois.

So you do business and maintain an account with a company you know to be negligent. Some might argue that is negligence on your part.

Again, calling him a thief doesn't make him one and actually time can matter. Sometimes a statute of limitations applies. Furthermore, did you renew the domain? Did you check in April of 2004 (the renewal month) to renew the domain? If you did, you would have found the problem within just a matter of weeks. If you did not renew the domains, I'm not sure how they could be considered yours. Relying on an automated system by the registrar can be considered negligent as their terms of service surely relieve them of any liability for your renewals.

Your inability to manage your portfolio is your own problem. To not check for over a year is also negligent. If you can't manage them all, you need to find another way - like using a simple excel spreadsheet by domain, registrar and renewal date. Also, your negligence in being inattentive to your domains is responsible for me being in the position I find myself in. You do bear responsibility for much of this problem.

You do so at your own legal risk. I would advise doing some research on law and on the parties involved.

You may have a misunderstanding with RegFly but you don't have proof of theft. If you continue to take it public, again you will have a legal problem to address.

Actually it does mean you claim is invalid since your transaction was with them. According to you, they supposedly are the ones who either provided an unsafe email system you chose to use or they pushed the names back without your consent as you also theorize.

So you admit you are "going after" me and you freely admit that you are currently interfering, and will continue to interfere, with my business by using a public forum to discredit me and my lawful purchase of domains. I have politely asked you to stop and you have refused. I hope you understand the implications of this point.

I understand your point clearly that you just said you try to help resolve the issue; but your action show otherwise. Put your action where your mouth is. You are just trying to protect your own interest without caring about the legit owner.

I would ask you politely to return the domains to me. But I know that you will not. So, I'm not going to stop this thread; and I will be glad if you bring this issue to any authority or attorney.

All your response is not so helpful and again just to protect your own interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom