Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Club Drop Raises Minimum Bid to $60

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Enom is capitalizing on its own expired names, many of which are in "extended RGP" for months. Yes, it's the money, stupid.

dotNetKing

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it $60+ Reg fee $30 = $90 minimum? That's outrageous! Pool and snapname are $60 with reg fee included right?

Just looking at the effecitve drop catchers, enom have gone from being the cheapest minimum bid to the most expensive minimum bid.

I suspect they will be noticing quite a drop in income, except for the names with high bids.

Validweb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi.
It's not clear if the $60 includes reg fee, I guess it doesn't, because enom would have to change their system.

However at:
http://www.enom.com/auctions/clubdrop.asp
i'm still showing a minimum bid of 30 points, and at
http://www.clubdrop.com/pricing.asp it says "Bidding on each name starts at $30." The new pricing is supposed to start on August 25, its now August 26, so WTF?

Does one still have a window of opportunity to get the last $30 enom drop?

acesfull

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I also don't see the increase reflected on their site today, but it was only a matter of time before enom's prices were increased.

Several years back (for those who have been around a while and can recall), you had to pay $70 (for a 2-year registration), from Network Solutions or Register.com. The period, between then and now (with the new discount registrars), allowed a LOT of small players to come in and create a nice business.

The newbies and small players today will likely be a bit more selective, and the bigger players will still go for much the same number of domains, regardless of a $30 or $60 catch fee.

The business of domain "tasting" or "kiting," and the increased participation of registrars, playing the domain game, has also made a huge difference.

As a result, I believe the bigger players will get more of the dropping domains. Some of the smaller players will adjust, by being more selective - and, overall, this should raise the prices of domains on the aftermarket.

In another 3 to 5 years, the increasing catcher fees, increasing competition, registrar participation, and who-knows-what-else, may make it almost impossible for any new players to get into the domaining business.

adutopia.com

DNF Newbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
this really stinks.. They are hurting themselves. Like was stated before they should see the niche of the 30-59 range. The quality names go for much higher. This is simple greed.

Anybody interested in starting a snap biz......

mppedersen

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Not only has the price gone up but for the last 3 days they are 0 for 16. Pretty much all of the names I wanted were picked up by snapnames.

D

Deleted member 10610

it's really a bad news for me,it's not that worth it if u just want to catch a generic domain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom