Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.CN Goes Live?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey - I just checked a name I wanted - and it said it was registered...

2003-03-17 12:20:05.0

What's up? I thought we still had a few hours to go? :confused:

M

mole

Originally posted by alia
I found many nice .com.cn's are still available for registration, like 2b, epal, tophost, econcept, 2bid, 2buy,... and I took 2b.com.cn as my first .cn.
and names like longfa.com got $1425 at
http://www.domainpricing.com/selled.php?page=0

Wow, alia, STOP. This is not .COM spin. You need to be very anal on the mainland China market. You are from Taiwan, right? .COM spin is dead, repeat, .COM spin is dead.

M

mole

Originally posted by NamePopper.com
Hey - I just checked a name I wanted - and it said it was registered...

2003-03-17 12:20:05.0

What's up? I thought we still had a few hours to go? :confused:

You were grandfathered :rolleyes:

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
But the .com.cn version was not registered yet mole. I thought that was the key to being grandfathered! Hmmm....maybe I got a bad whois report for the .com.cn's when I checked it.

Of the 5 names I want - 2 are still available. 2 were apparently grandfathered - and 1 got this result....

"The domain you requested is in the reserved list approved by respective government body.According to the regulations,this kind of reserved names cannot be registered via online registration. Please contact 800 810 6660 for more informaiton.'

So where is the best place for live .cn regs? I have a couple reservations but that registrar wants a wire transfer and I can't do that today. Any leads on where to go?

play

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
does have live regs at this time???

alia

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Indeed, I have 7 .com.cn's in my eNom cart for weeks, and the decision was made finally only 12 hours ago. My first .cn!

M

mole

Originally posted by NamePopper.com
But the .com.cn version was not registered yet mole. I thought that was the key to being grandfathered! Hmmm....maybe I got a bad whois report for the .com.cn's when I checked it.

Of the 5 names I want - 2 are still available. 2 were apparently grandfathered - and 1 got this result....

"The domain you requested is in the reserved list approved by respective government body.According to the regulations,this kind of reserved names cannot be registered via online registration. Please contact 800 810 6660 for more informaiton.'

So where is the best place for live .cn regs? I have a couple reservations but that registrar wants a wire transfer and I can't do that today. Any leads on where to go?

1. Insider trading (very rife in China) or reserved names (there is a whole bunch of them)

2. eNOM

M

mole

Originally posted by alia
Indeed, I have 7 .com.cn's in my eNom cart for weeks, and the decision was made finally only 12 hours ago. My first .cn!

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Tell us more, alia. The queue's have already acitivated??

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks mole! :)

I hadn't made any new regs in a couple weeks - so I didn't know eNom had started the 'second-level' .cn names yet. Did you say Insider Trading in China? NO. No way. Say it isn't so! Hehe :D

alia

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Tell us more, alia. The queue's have already acitivated??
It is 2B.COM.CN, not 2b.cn, I meant my first ".com.cn".

alia

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As for the REAL .CN, I have 564 pre-registrations so far.

alia

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mole, you gave that same face the other day...
Most of the 564 are grandfathered, and some reserved names, like nams of province. I don't really expect I'd get more than 10 out of them.

alia

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
...though I have managed $2500 for these babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom