Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

CNOBIN: automatic transfer if not authorized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Transfer of ****.com

Dear Customer,

Bizcn.com, Inc received notification on 2005-10-07 13:08:12.0 that you have requested a transfer to another domain name registrar.Please visit the secure web page http://www.cnobin.com within three (3) days,click "Confirm" button if you want to proceed with the transfer or click "Cancel" button if you want to cancel the transfer.

If we do not hear from you by 2005-10-10, the transfer will proceed.

Best regards,

CNOBIN
Email:[email protected]

The way I understand this is that if I do NOT CANCEL the transfer, then it will go through... So if a hacker knew that a domain owner was away for 3 days and had his name unlocked and at a cnobin reseller, then they could just do a transfer and it would go through? Man I don't want to deal with a site like that.

Also they sent this to an email that was no longer an admin contact email address.This is a domain that I'm selling and the new owner had his email as the admin contact but now they sent me this email and I don't understand why anyone would deal with them.

Domain Days 2024

stuff

Mr Domeen
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr. Deleted said:
The way I understand this is that if I do NOT CANCEL the transfer, then it will go through... So if a hacker knew that a domain owner was away for 3 days and had his name unlocked and at a cnobin reseller, then they could just do a transfer and it would go through? Man I don't want to deal with a site like that.

Also they sent this to an email that was no longer an admin contact email address.This is a domain that I'm selling and the new owner had his email as the admin contact but now they sent me this email and I don't understand why anyone would deal with them.

not if You have reg lock

Dave Zan

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've never used cnobin yet. But if they're following a "trend" among registrars,
they may be utilizing user level accounts.

One registrar set their domain accounts to have a main user. The main user
can add other contacts with lesser permissions.

I'm just guessing that's what happened in this case, of course. Ask cnobin to
be sure.

Anyway, as Jeffreyw said it's now ICANN policy that losing registrars no longer
need confirmation for registrar transfers. Go to panix.com and read what had
happened to it, although I wrote about it in my blog as well.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum Mod
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i have read about panix.com before so I know a little about that, but to auto approve a transfer is wierd. I use locks on most of domains but if I did not by mistake, I would not want to have someone transfer it out like that.

DomainEmpire.com

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Cnobin lock all domains automatically, check to be sure that it's currently locked ... at 99% it is :)

madcamel

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The gaining registrar should get your approval, not the losing registrar

pelican

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
although you do not need to validate anything for losing registrar, you must approve/validate for the gaining registrar. Therefore, if you do not click anything to approve the transfer at the gaining registrar, transfer will not complete

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom