Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.co.uk & .ws worthless?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Days 2024

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have numerous .co.uk domains, but dont have any .ws. I would put .ws way behind .com, .net, .us, .info, and defitely .co.uk., which is a nationally accepted domain.

DomainQuay

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Sedo is showing that records.ws has sold for $1000.

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As I said in my first post I think it bears repeating:
Sounds like it's time to wake up avalon...and don't hit the snooze button :)

Tippy

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I sold WebCam.ws for $1300 on Sedo not too long ago... to me its a waiting game, if you are able to sit on them and not sell them here for peanuts you should have no problems making some half decent money off them in the long run.

Unfortunately I need to keep sales going to live so I cant always play the waiting game...

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I still hold to my opinion that the .ws extension sucks... it's not about monetary gains. I'm talking about usage. Any extension whose value ONLY and SOLELY lies in a few top premium names is worthless to me. Yeah, its great if you have a one worder- that can be a profitable venture or resale. But .ws can not handle 2+ words like other extensions and to that effect is useless and worthless!
Cheers

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
since when was a $1270 profit worthless?

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
since when was a $1270 profit worthless?

Read the whole post before commenting... I said the extension is useless as a general usage extension aside from the top single word premiums that are out there for all extensions. Reread my previous post slowly and think about it.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
avalon426 said:
Read the whole post before commenting... I said the extension is useless as a general usage extension aside from the top single word premiums that are out there for all extensions. Reread my previous post slowly and think about it.

Dog gone it, there you go again :cheeky: now with the word "useless". Funny though. To challenge your 2 word .ws statement I would show you a couple sites that I know are making money for a fellow domainer. They are:

http://fha-loans.ws/
http://collegedegrees.ws/

This guy does very well with www.airlines.ws but your comment was about the "useless" two word .ws names.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
avalon: you are wrong, plain and simple

I dont think anyone on this forum will say .ws is better than .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz or .co.uk, but that does not, by any stretch of the imagination mean that the extension is useless...

Stoc is right on the money with his examples...

CHC

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
To equate .ws with .co.uk is just about the most absurd and uninformed piece of rubbish that I have ever heard on DNF, and that is saying something considering some of the drivel that we have been subjected to over the years. .co.uk is the second largest cctld in the World (yes Yanks, there is a big wide world outside the US of A!). And, no, .us is NOT the largest cctld, it is the Germans with .de.

.co.uk is far bigger than .us and there are absolutely no decent (i.e. worth more than $500) .co.uk domains just sat there unregistered. There is way too much interest in .co.uk to leave any hidden gems unregistered. There are so many private dropcatchers, as well as the established .co.uk public facing services, now in the arena that even 4th division names have dozens of tagholders clambering to secure very mediocre names.

If anyone finds a decent .co.uk domain name unregistered I will pay the reg fee for them!

greggish

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I recently registered my first .co.uk... ITJobPost.co.uk. It gets a little type-in traffic too.

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
avalon: you are wrong, plain and simple

I dont think anyone on this forum will say .ws is better than .com, .net, .org, .info, .biz or .co.uk, but that does not, by any stretch of the imagination mean that the extension is useless...

Stoc is right on the money with his examples...

:veryangry Read Post 1, Post 13, Post 27- :disappoin You can't just read the first post and expext to make an educated response to the thread. I've aknowledge the value of the .co.uk. What I've been saying about the .ws is that it's useless as a standalone extension. By that I mean that owning a single word .ws is all good and profitable, but that's where the true value of the extension solely lies. Having a good two word .ws won't go for $25 in most places. 2 word+ will be sold and traded in forums and never make it in the hands of any major corp who gives a damn about building there enterprise around ".ws" . The extension exist and depends on premium single words only unlike the top 6 tlds who's extension actually sounds applicable to certain industries. COM org info us etc. I also want to add the fact that the .ws extension is trying to be pushed to the public to mean 'website' instead of Western Samoa cTld is a failur in the making. It will never catch on and succed on that premise. It's a waste to invest in it unless you can catch a nice premium word. :-D

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Avalon I have spend more than GBP4,000 to create a TAG and dropcatching system for .co.uk. Do you ever know Nominet's system of .co.uk registration? As Stockdoctor suggested you should be punished to only read but not write comments on DNF for a year :)

TurNIC

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
TurNIC.com said:
Avalon I have spend more than GBP4,000 to create a TAG and dropcatching system for .co.uk. Do you ever know Nominet's system of .co.uk registration? As Stockdoctor suggested you should be punished to only read but not write comments on DNF for a year :)

TurNIC

Am I dealing with simpletons here. Please read the whole post before commenting. I later agreed with StocDoctor's thoughts on the .co.uk extension. I still hold to my .ws OPINION. Read the previous post before posting again.

This thread needs to be closed now... thanks.

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ringtone.ws is the only one i own and believe it or not i paid $500 for it to develop,just have not had time yet !

Oh and i also have downloadringtones.co.uk which 250 million is expexted toi be spent on ringtones this year alone ! got that on a drop ! £30 !

Which do you think is the most valuble ?

Personally downloadringtones.co.uk for me !

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ringtone.ws is not great... don't spend your money developing it... spend it on downloadringtones.co.uk.... nice name, can be huge if developed and marketed right.... good luck.... I've actually been investing a good amount in .co.uk lately. We'll see... as for .ws, I still stay clear away from them. I know some people here don't agree.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
duskdawn said:
.co.uk worth a lot more than .ws. Some small research could prove this easily.

Although some people twisted the thread in a different direction, it wasn't about comparing .co.uk with .ws Everyone knows the difference. Sheesh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom