Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

.com.cn names

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are they worth anything? As in the real premium ones....

Also, how would you compare them to the upcoming .cn names?

insomnia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dont bother, unless its a high ranked name like sex.com.cn

The actual .cn comes out 17 march i think

tigga

DNF Regular
Reaction score
I agree - fairly worthless on the international market and limited value in the local market as English is not the first language spoken.

M

mole

Yes, why get .com.cn when you can get .cn? Wait for this one, unless you are doing defensive registrations for your business.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, wait for .CN
I see pre registration has started.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How would u rate the top .cn names? Would only real top ones that get over 1mil overture seraches be worth registering?

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Overture does NOT apply here: the Chinese simply do NOT search that way.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
u have a point, but most searches that have that amount are generally world known things.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
But the Chinese usually search in ... CHINESE, of course.

M

mole

English is fast becoming a prestige thing with the upmarket (read moneyed) Chinese in China. The internationalisation of China is gradually gaining momentum give the countries new WTO status. Food for thought.

Only thing is, try to get a name that is practical, like plasticsurgeon.cn. There is a HUGE market growing for such products :D

eddie1278

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
china has the second most internet users, next to the u.s.

M

mole

Originally posted by eddie1278
china has the second most internet users, next to the u.s.

Amazing, isn't it. One drop in the ocean, and it means you've covered the whole of New York. :D

I still can't understand the linearity of human reproduction and the evolution of human race.

.cn, here I come. With just, one name :D

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yes, it's true: the Internet has become widely used by the younger generations, not just teens but the well-educated city-dwellers in their 20's. However, it more or less follows the line of Japan in that MOST users are using an interface written TOTALLY in their mother tongue, i.e. CHINESE.

I have also explained in another thread here quite a while ago that even for those who KNOW English, they surf in Chinese; and for those who surf in English, THEIR ENGLISH is very different from ours. So when you think a certain word is generic enough, it could be total stranger to them.

yesonline

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave
So when you think a certain word is generic enough, it could be total stranger to them.

Agree with you very very much:D

M

mole

Originally posted by nameslave
THEIR ENGLISH is very different from ours. So when you think a certain word is generic enough, it could be total stranger to them.

Sorry, but that's bs slave. When was the last time you went to China? HK knows English from the colonial days. The "unwashed" mainlanders, if you last checked, are fast catching up. Look at Shanghai. The Chinese are looking abroad for opportunities. The most pretty Chinese girls are looking to go abroad to make a better life for themselves. The Chinese government is finally encouraging the learning of English for economic development.

Exoteric foreign names like edomainxgobay.com may mean nothing to mainland Chinese, all the more reason why generics will rule. The mainland Chinese are very pragmatic people, but shrewed, business-minded, long-term suffering and hard-working.

.CN reflects the international stature that the repressed Chinese internet population wants. Never underestimate a Godzilla with a 10% GDP growth.

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mole
Sorry, but that's bs slave. When was the last time you went to China? HK knows English from the colonial days ...
Have I told you that my parents are Chinese? ;)

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
... and I was actually born in Hong Kong and can read and write Chinese as well? :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom