Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

.com continues its speculator-enervating instability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

Originally posted by Tee
Namebox, I would go with .com.

There is no .com to register because some moron registered it and I don't want to wait for it to be deleted.

So, I go with .info or .biz, and so will many and so are many.
Your previous threads:
appraisal for your own dot com domains :
redhotdomains.com daisyflower.com nossa.com etc etc... You even said "you love" some of them...:confused:

T

Tee

Redhotdomains.com? Are you on crack or something?

That's not my name.

I have names which I'm trying to use.

I shouldn't have said moron. It just the way I look at many .com speculators, who register names without any sense of going for the generic or any research on the name and an industry. They just register crap and think its good because it is .com. It had no relevance to names I wanted, just a general comment on .com speculation. I've been guilty of it too.

I would probably go for .com first but names I like, as do many businesses, often generics, are not available in .com. In some cases, I think the .info would make a better name straight off.

.Info makes a lot more sense on the internet than .com.

.Com has the typeins and recognition. In time I believe .info will have this, in addition to relevance.

IMO, it will be .com scarcity that will bring out the power of the relevance of .info and others. It's not known on the net now, but it will be soon, and it won't need massive advertising to stick because its already "known" as a word/concept.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry tee. No offense intended . :sad:

I was going to try an experiment with a link with a .tee or .safe or .snoopy extension for a little levity, but decided against it.

Best wishes! :)

M

mole

Originally posted by safesys

No matter how many times you repeat that mantra, the only person you're fooling is yourself.

No mantra here, safe. Just low financial risk, high return but hard and painful Land Rush work. There will always be a value for solid and commercially sensible generic names on the gTLD front, problem is getting them. I consider myself extremely lucky to pop all my ducks in a perfect row, one miss and my set would be destroyed. That was the hairy part. But then again, I didn't go for sex.info :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom