Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Comments from the Lawyer that got a C&D Letter

Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I contacted TRAFFIC and they are not interested in having partners from my firm present on domain name law. On the front of the web presentation, I should have an answer next week. In any event, thanks Joe for suggesting TRAFFIC.

Domagon

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some questions, including myself, have regarding your experience in the domain name legal realm...

1. Approx how many clients have you represented in any type of domain name legal issue?

2. Approx how many UDRPs have you assisted clients with? ... how many offensively?, how many defensively?

3. Links to a few select domain name related legal decisions, such as UDRPs / lawsuits, that you were involved with.

Some other attorneys here, while respecting the privacy of their clients and the law, have disclosed some information about their experiences.

It you intend to be a public speaker at a domain name conference attended by many experienced domainers, you will need to disclose more about yourself and your experiences if seek to have any credibility.

Being an attorney may carry some weight for many folks here, but for many of us oldtimers, especially those that have actually been involved with various domain name legal issues, that alone doesn't mean much ... it's experience that truly counts, and thus my questions / comments.

Ron

[email protected]

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ron,

The presentation would most likely come from a team of associates/partners experienced in domain name law and trademark law. I want to stay away from a presentation given with only the knowledge of a single attorney/partner.

I will make sure that everyone's biographies/track records are included in the presentation (as well as the firm's record). I do not want to waste my time pulling any information together until I have a green light. I have already asked a number of trademark/domain partners to assist in the presentation so, hopefully, there will be a lot of information to gather.

As a result of the number of gray hairs involved, I probably won't take part in the presentation at all (as their knowledge is vastly superior to mine). I am only putting my time into this to help this forum out by providing an additional educational resource to the resources you already have.

jberryhill

Philadelphia Lawyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
As a result of the number of gray hairs involved

The ACPA was enacted in November 1999, and the UDRP went into effect at around the same time. I don't know anyone whose hair has gone gray in six years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom