Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Common Courtesy?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TooMuch2AM

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

Sorry if this sounds like a rant, but I just have to get it off my chest.

Could people who post here requesting names PM'd to them please do the honorable thing and reply with a yes / no / maybe to the person who's PM'd them.

In a similar vein to the complaints about original posters keeping a 'wanted' thread up to date, when someone offers you a name they would like to know if you are interested or not so they can move on and offer the name elsewhere.

I understand that some people get masses of PM's, but how long does it take to click 'reply' and type yes / no thanks / maybe? Perhaps this kind of functionality could be added to the PM allowing users to respond with one click?

I'm sure you'll all agree - this is common courtesy and good business practice; something which has become the hallmark of the domain industry.

Thanks!
Mike

Upvote 0

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just moved this thread from "Domains Wanted" to "Suggestions and Feedback".

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Mike, you're 100% right. Nothing more frustrating than a sale that's pending :D

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd like to take up the other side of this. Which is, when buyers post domains wanted...

How about actually posting names that meet the criteria asked for?

How about realizing that you are dealing with resellers and that even though their budget may be $1k, they are not going to spend 1k on a $25 name?

How about not posting names to a thread that is six months old?

How about not getting indignant when someone makes you an offer you feel is too low - when you didn't give an asking price to begin with?

The only thing I like about the wanted section is seeing some of the stuff that you folks spend reg fees on. :laugh:

Personally, I have become frustrated with the "Wanted" section and don't plan on using it anymore. I'll just wait until it's time for sellers to pay their rent and they actually offer the names for a realistic price to move them.

I've posted in the wanted section probably 4 times and bought next to nothing. I've bought from sales threads over a dozen times. I think that is probably typical of others' experiences.

After the first few posts/PM's I just get tired of telling people that I don't want SomeReallyLongStupidDomainName.cc for $1500 when I could just register SomeOtherReallyStupidDomainName.biz

Maybe some of the sellers could start a new forum section called "Fishing For Suckers - we don't know what it's worth and hope you don't either"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom