Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Comparing .co.in and .in domains

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProspectLab

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm registering generic terms and names with the .co.in and the .in extension. I'd like to hear your opinions on the difference regarding these two extensions.

Would you agree with the following?

- 1: .in domains generally are a better investment compared to .co.in?
- 2: .co.in extensions are better suited, even preferred, if registering let's say a generic business term?

I would appreciate all your thoughs and opinions on this.

Many thanks,
Toby

DMaN

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
1: Honestly, I've had this mentality for a while, but I believe .co.in domains are the better buy in most cases. The .co.in ext. has been around for a while longer than the newer .in extension. It ultimately costs less as well and if you're investing in a large amount of names, it will save you money. It's similar in some ways to the .com situation in that you have .co.in which is established and now you to have the new ccTLD .in entering the picture. Given the recent trends, I suppose that eventually it will switch over to the .in but I think .co.in has the advantage right now.

cooljeba

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
the co.in domains are more popular compared to the .in domains as the majors yahoo and google use .co.in.

.in will take some more time to mature. So I will put my money on .co.in compare to the .in .

..:: peace ::..
jeba

ProspectLab

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Many thanks guys.

Anyone else? Why do people think .in will overtake .co.in?

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have about 80 .in and not a single .co.in . I believe .in is the way to go.

URL Trader

DNWizardX9

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
none of you guys are seeing it from india's perspective. one guy mentioned that alot of ppl are either seeing .co.in or .com advertised in india...

making .co.in .in is like saying OK .com switch to .us - > .com has the power and you can't really tell a whole country to switch

Leading Names

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Jeff said:
making .co.in .in is like saying OK .com switch to .us - > .com has the power and you can't really tell a whole country to switch

Not really, .com and .us are two completely different extensions, and both are top level.

A better example maybe would be .us.com vs .com

Yes, .co.in is better established at the moment but it won't always be that way – it's just a matter of time.

- Rob

ProspectLab

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thankyou all. It seems to me if you are sitting on a really good unregistered name, you might want to register both extensions just to be sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom