• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Computer worm to hit soon 4-1-09

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yes, do not move" or "Yes, do move" ?
Yes, do move!

I switched to mac three years ago and my macbook hasn't even crashed once since then.

I still remember having windows XP where I had to reinstall the whole computer over and over again every single month.

Once you go mac, you never go back lol.
 
I switched to mac three years ago and my macbook hasn't even crashed once since then.
I switched to Windows2000 NINE years ago and my desktop hasn't even crashed once since then.

I falled for this kind of propaganda 10 years ago with Linux, so much time and nerves wasted, never got that thing to work...
 
Aha... So you haven't tried a mac yet?

Another great thing about the Mac OS is that you don't need to do anything yourself the OS does everything for you. With windows and Linux you need to do everything yourself :D.
 
I falled for this kind of propaganda 10 years ago with Linux, so much time and nerves wasted, never got that thing to work...

My son never had a problem with linux even when he was 13 (six years ago), I got sick of reformatting his winblows os every two months.

Linux was such a saviour then and still is, heh actually I'm still running the same gentoo installation I loaded (on a different computer) in 2000.
Such a workhorse.
 
If april 1st is the day, just set your system clock to april 2nd...problem solved :)
 
Wow, no response to this today?

I downloaded the checker thing and after slowing my computer for over 7 hours yesterday doing a full scan (1.7 million files and nothing to be found), I said screw it and stopped the scan. Apparently I don't have it! Now watch, let it be some elaborate April Fool's Joke by Microsoft et al.
 
D-day :eek:

"Conficker C" promises to be one of the most damaging attacks in years.

http://tech.yahoo.com/blogs/null/128643/beware-conficker-worm-come-april-1/


On Feb. 12, 2009 Microsoft put up a $250,000 bounty for information leading to the capture of Conficker's creators. The software giant also formed an alliance of security groups, dubbed the Conficker Cabal, to battle the worm.

It's a true shame we were not told that AIG and GM would be even greater risks to most people... :)
 
Pretty sure this "virus" is a big April Fool's joke..lmao
 
That's what the authors of the worm would want you to think though. 90% of people won't think about it again after this.
 
Conficker Shows Its Colors, Installs Rogue Anti-virus


More: ttp://tech.yahoo.com/news/pcworld/20090410/tc_pcworld/confickershowsitscolorsinstallsrogueantivirus_1

We knew it would try to make a buck somehow, but until now Conficker hasn't done much beyond spread and update. That changed yesterday, when the worm began installing a rogue antivirus app called SpywareProtect2009 on infected machines.

A Kaspersky researcher reports that the worm began using its peer-to-peer functionality yesterday to pull down new files, including updates and the fake security program. The fake app goes with the usual scareware tactics of identifying threats on the computer (ironically true in this case) and offering to clean the PC for $49.95.

more:http://www.sophos.com/blogs/sophoslabs//?p=3995
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom