Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Congrats to Zouzas!! He is in the ".kids" directory!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Way to go zouzas. Hopefully I will be next with "Sponsor.kids.us"

www.kids.us

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod
Way to go zouzas. Hopefully I will be next with "Sponsor.kids.us"

www.kids.us

thanks hopefully the directory will be the stop for parents and kids looking for safe fun kids sites!!

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by bidawinner
Congratulations Chris !..

Keep us posted on how traffic is and if it is growing as we move forward ...

thanks will do!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's awesome Zou! One of the first three websites in the kids.us directory. We always knew it - but now it is official - you are a TRUE PIONEER! :)

Tony

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Congrats zouzas!

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks Duke and Tony ,,,the directory will be quite the place for kids.us safe sites once it gets filled ,,,,,,,

OnSpec

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's great to see a dedicated domainer leading the charge. We'll be watching to see how things develop.

All best wishes for continued success.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
thanks onspec for the support!

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
got a .kids.us site done and approved, but it has not been listed in the directory yet

http://www.minnesota.kids.us

with respect to Zouzas' generous contest, I am not entering in Zousas' contest as a DNForum member so contest is still on for DNF'ers :)

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The links in the minnesota.kids.us site go to a raw IP address, like this:
http://66.37.10.20/KIDSDONE.HTM

I thought it was against policy in kids.us to link to anything outside that domain?

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dtobias
The links in the minnesota.kids.us site go to a raw IP address, like this:
http://66.37.10.20/KIDSDONE.HTM

I thought it was against policy in kids.us to link to anything outside that domain?

Hi Dan,

That is the IP address is that domain (to the best of my technical knowledge).

.Kids.US domains do not resolve until they are approved... but you have to set them up in working order in order to get them approved. The only way I could figure out how to set up the site in working order for review was to set up the sub-pages with internal references using a raw IP address instead of Minnesota.kids.us.

Now that the domain has been approved and resolved, I have replaced the raw IP address with Minnesota.kids.us.

This is getting in a little over my head technically, but it seems to me that it never linked to any other IP address other than the IP address dedicated to it and thus was in compliance with the policy?

In any event, it is now using the normal URL.

dtobias

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomeBase
Now that the domain has been approved and resolved, I have replaced the raw IP address with Minnesota.kids.us.

Why not use relative URLs instead of absolute? E.g., when linking from the main page to a page named "test.html" in the same directory, you can do A HREF="test.html" instead of A HREF="http://site.address.example/test.html".

More discussion:
http://webtips.dan.info/url.html

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by dtobias

Why not use relative URLs instead of absolute? E.g., when linking from the main page to a page named "test.html" in the same directory, you can do A HREF="test.html" instead of A HREF="http://site.address.example/test.html".

More discussion:
http://webtips.dan.info/url.html

good idea d:)

hhunterjr

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Many kids.us websites have been ready to go since the beginning of September, but neustar continues to drag its feet in approving the sites and filling up the directory.

i think that we should find someone at neustar and kick them in the rump for being so slow in filling the directory. I like the idea of kids.us - but neustar is dragging the whole concept down with its foot dragging.

What can we do to kick neustar in the rump and get them to fill up the kids.us directory with kids.us websites that have been ready since the beginning of September 2003.

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by hhunterjr
Many kids.us websites have been ready to go since the beginning of September, but neustar continues to drag its feet in approving the sites and filling up the directory.

i think that we should find someone at neustar and kick them in the rump for being so slow in filling the directory. I like the idea of kids.us - but neustar is dragging the whole concept down with its foot dragging.

What can we do to kick neustar in the rump and get them to fill up the kids.us directory with kids.us websites that have been ready since the beginning of September 2003.

something needs to be done i have a few more sites waiting for approval and its taking for ever the only reason i got the first site in i went to the VP of Neustar and he gave me assurances things will work out heres his email the more people talk to him we might get some where and when is the marketing starting?
Heres the VP's address

[email protected]

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by zouzas

something needs to be done i have a few more sites waiting for approval and its taking for ever the only reason i got the first site in i went to the VP of Neustar and he gave me assurances things will work out heres his email the more people talk to him we might get some where and when is the marketing starting?
Heres the VP's address

[email protected]

Thanks Zouzas. I will send him an e-mail. If I were rolling out a new .TLD (or .SLD.TLD in this case)... I would be doing my best to generate as much excitement and momentum as possible.

TrafficMonsterRRR

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hoping to get some info about .kids.us sponsorship I went to sponsorkids.us (since the "real" thing is not approved yet, apparently) and got SOME NASTY pop-ups! Guess this is the "land" of opportunity..

But anyway, be forewarned..

What is new with sponsor.kids.us and where can I get any info on having a kids.us sponsored?

BTW, congrats on the two DN'ers for the 2/5 kids.us sites!

zouzas

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by TrafficMonsterRRR
Hoping to get some info about .kids.us sponsorship I went to sponsorkids.us (since the "real" thing is not approved yet, apparently) and got SOME NASTY pop-ups! Guess this is the "land" of opportunity..

But anyway, be forewarned..

What is new with sponsor.kids.us and where can I get any info on having a kids.us sponsored?

BTW, congrats on the two DN'ers for the 2/5 kids.us sites!

you probably need to get a site in the directory so companies will see what they are going to sponsor,,,,,,,,,,

and that 's 3 out of the 5 sites :-D info,minnesotta and space

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom