Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Contact Info for NetGears, LLC (Large Domainer) - Lack of Response

Status
Not open for further replies.

jockey

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Brand spanking new to the forum and learned a lot already but my main reason for joining is to try to garner some advice from some veterans out there hopefully... Appreciate any advice you can offer, I'll try to give as much detail as possible:

I've been pursuing a domain from NetGears, LLC, who happens to own a large number of web properties and domains. I've got my eyes on a one word domain and I've been trying to reach them for over a month. Calls to their message box, emails, binding offers on Sedo, GoDaddy, etc... never get a response no matter what. I PM'd them here a few days ago but lack of activity here as well also...

Is there anything I'm missing? Should I hire an agent in order to get this domain or what? I know I'm probably going to get bombarded by domain brokers/agents PM'ing me now but hoping to find someone who may be able to point me in the right direction. :?: Thanks in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Maybe you need to pad your offers with more zeroes, preferably at the end.

jockey

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Maybe you need to pad your offers with more zeroes, preferably at the end.

Ha, yeah, I'm thinking that's a must, but how am I supposed to do that when I can't even get to step 1 of the negotiation process? Do big domainers like these just not give a shit and only wait for big offers to come through before they respond? Seems a little bit ineffective but I suppose responding to every lowball offer does start to get old after about 24 hours with that kind of portfolio..

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Correct, offers with little 'shock factor' are often ignored. Might sound snobby from a business perspective, but after the first couple hundred calls or emails with offers not worthy of a second glance, one becomes immune to numbers that aren't close to consideration. Saves time as well. :)

jockey

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Correct, offers with little 'shock factor' are often ignored. Might sound snobby from a business perspective, but after the first couple hundred calls or emails with offers not worthy of a second glance, one becomes immune to numbers that aren't close to consideration. Saves time as well. :)

Ha, snobby - maybe, necessary - probably.

What about getting some kind of appraisal done and then basing that off the offer? Will it hold any weight for a big domainer like this?

That was my other strategy but after reading so much about appraisals and already having the sneaking suspicion that they don't really mean shit has got me thinking it may be a waste of time and money... Trying to think of the best logical approach because I don't have time to keep sending over gradually increasing offers for another month or two like I've been doing. :disappointed:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Define your budget first; you might have to max it out. E.g. if it's $10k then go all out and offer that much. If they aren't flexible, it's because their selling threshold is considerably higher. Everything has a price. I understand the frustration when that price cannot be listed or won't be easily quoted.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
besides the 3 letter or less and maybe 2 or 3 of the others, nothing there really is worth being snobby about.

unless it's a "gotta get, must have or i'll die name", maybe time to look somewhere else.

imo...

jockey

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
besides the 3 letter or less and maybe 2 or 3 of the others, nothing there really is worth being snobby about.

unless it's a "gotta get, must have or i'll die name", maybe time to look somewhere else.

imo...

Definitely not at that point, just would make an idea I have execute a lot more smoothly. Appreciate your input and sorry for the link. :blush:

jockey

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Do you know if the name is for sale? They normally BUY names and not SELL names so it does not matter if you hire someone or not. They don't care.

It's listed on one particular domain auction site with like 75+ days remaining on the domain "auction". I'm assuming this is just reset at the end if they don't get the bid they want for it? It also is listed at various other sites to garner bids so I'm assuming it's for sale...

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
It's listed on one particular domain auction site with like 75+ days remaining on the domain "auction". I'm assuming this is just reset at the end if they don't get the bid they want for it? It also is listed at various other sites to garner bids so I'm assuming it's for sale...

Run it by DomainTools.com. Does it appear listed "For sale" with a matching green icon? Some venues, such as Sedo, automatically list domains on various "MLS" systems than almost never report back to the seller. In other words, the seller most likely never listed it at GoDaddy and they aren't interested in selling.

jockey

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Run it by DomainTools.com. Does it appear listed "For sale" with a matching green icon? Some venues, such as Sedo, automatically list domains on various "MLS" systems than almost never report back to the seller. In other words, the seller most likely never listed it at GoDaddy and they aren't interested in selling.

Did not see the icon but whenever I run it through Domain Tools it says its "parked status" and "Make Offer" in green. Then whenever I go to Sedo it exclaims, "This premium domain is for sale in partnership with Sedo!"...

Therefore, I'm assuming it is for sale to some extent. Should I just go with an ICANN appraisal to figure out a reasonable ballpark so I can find out if I have to take a second mortgage on my house or what?
:upset:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Should I just go with an ICANN appraisal to figure out a reasonable ballpark so I can find out if I have to take a second mortgage on my house or what? [/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]:upset:

what's an icann appraisal?

jockey

Level 1
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
what's an icann appraisal?

Guess you just answered my question. ;) Went with Afternic and Sedo appraisal to try and get a general estimate on where to throw my best fastball. I'll update back if anyone gives a flying **** anymore. Thanks for all the help, fellas. :blush:

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom