Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Copyright infringing domains seized BUT not WikiLeaks.Org ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sterling

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You tell me? If the feds can take down these copyright infringing, knock off selling websites and seize their names, why can't they take WikiLeaks.org ?

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Maybe they are scared of the Icelandic navy?

Sterling

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
For real. Is this a valid question? Or, am I just missing something?

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are you saying you want the US government to go around taking domain names as it sees fit? The US does not own the internet
I bet they could strong arm the US registrar into knocking the site offline, but that would be a huge PR mistake with worldwide repercussions.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was listening to an interview with a former U.S. Federal Justice Department prosecutor.

The crime was the theft/passing of the classified and secret material to Wikileaks.

Right now as it stands, the U.S. does not have a case against Wikileaks simply because of the publishing of this material. If it did, there would have been something done when Wikileaks published the war documents.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you would think they would just make wikileaks a nice sizable offer (pay them off) to keep quiet - call it a settlement...money talks

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Sterling

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Looks like I made it to the big time......

Why Hasn't The Government Seized The Domain Name WikiLeaks.Org?
As you know the government seized 82 domain names for intellectual property violations over the weekend. Yet the site WikiLeaks.org is publishing on a daily basis top secret and classified documents of the US government. This information is by in large damaging the country, its relations with other countries and even many countries r...
The Domains - 21 hr 30 min ago

Hey, I like the idea of taking an idea and running with it, but geesh, give a little credit. At least say "In a thread started over at DNForum...."

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i read the owner of wikileaks is in hiding for other unrelated charges againts him.

even if they shut the site down the news was out. I read he released some info to news outlets across the world already.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He claims to have secret documents, emails, and correspondence that will incriminate wrongdoing (and most likely illegal activity) of three of the five largest banks in the USA. One known to be in the spotlight is Bank of America. Supposedly they have 5 years of data, reports, and emails, etc taken from an executive's hard drive during a computer change out.

From what I am hearing here in NC (home of BOFA headquarters), no one is denying this. The big concern is the manner in which they acted throughout the bailout (pre, during, and after). I honestly, as a citizen and taxpayer who handed the banks Billions, would rather see this than any diplomatic cables or secret military matters.

Last edited:

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
He claims to have a bunch of dirt on BofA. My curiosity is now piqued.

On a side note: http://www.seattlepi.com/business/1310ap_us_fed_crisis_lending_glance.html

Yes, that's citi & merrill each getting bailed out with over 2 TRILLION EACH of *OUR* money. And the list goes on from there...

What generous fools we are.

---------- Post added at 08:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:16 PM ----------

He claims to have secret documents, emails, and correspondence that will incriminate wrongdoing (and most likely illegal activity) of three of the five largest banks in the USA. One known to be in the spotlight is Bank of America. Supposedly they have 5 years of data, reports, and emails, etc taken from an executive's hard drive during a computer change out.

From what I am hearing here in NC (home of BOFA headquarters), no one is denying this. The big concern is the manner in which they acted throughout the bailout (pre, during, and after). I honestly, as a citizen and taxpayer who handed the banks Billions, would rather see this than any diplomatic cables or secret military matters.

Sorry dude, missed your post. I agree. This leak I would like to see.

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so is he a hero or foe?

what do you think?

south

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
so is he a hero or foe?

what do you think?

Leaking sensitive information regarding our national security makes him a foe. Hang him.

Of course, I feel the same about many of our government officials / bureaucrats / elected officials as well.

....Still would like to see the bank stuff though :smilewinkgrin:

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Leaking sensitive information regarding our national security makes him a foe. Hang him.

Of course, I feel the same about many of our government officials / bureaucrats / elected officials as well.

....Still would like to see the bank stuff though :smilewinkgrin:

although, he wasn't the person who stole the information - he just posted what was given to him...like newspapers do?!

---------- Post added at 11:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:41 PM ----------

and yes, i think we all would like to see the bank stuff

Mark Talbot

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
IMHO,... possesion is nine tenths of the law,....

... and the newspapers, WL, and anyone else that posseses let alone decimates,... is in violation.

It is one thing to take a stand for the right, but it is a whole nother thing, to put peoples lives at risk, as well as decimating just to be able to say you let it out.

Methinks someone needs to hang. Otherwise you will find it becoming in vogue to do this just to be "cool."

Not cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom