Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Could enom cheat ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I backordered a domain in clubdrop. It is a made up name which barely will have some other bidder.
The domain name went to deletion and according to the whois, it was caught by enom. It says something like payment pending.
If I was the only bidder I had to receive an order confirmation by now, if there were several, then the auction announcement.
I have not received either.
Is enom getting the name for themselves ?

NameAlot.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well... how long ago was this... also, you might want to check to see if your credit card and payment details are updated

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The domain name was deleted yesterday, I have not charged in my credit card.
I would be more calm if it was.
Usually any notification is done the same day, it never takes more, does it ?

iahead

Level 7
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
even i won a 3char .com at enom drop. but dunno why it wasnt registered with my account.sent them an email and no reply yet
i guess they are no more trust worthy to deal with

jazzpetals

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes they cheat, same happened to me.

stevesko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think we should all BOYCOT enom, I was catching a few names and they reg'ed them for their own account.

There should be some rule that registrars can't also own domains. There's just to much incentive to cheat.

Steve

actnow

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm sure that enom occasionally makes mistakes about moving caught domains
into the proper account.

But, I'm positive it is the exception to the rule. All they have is their business reputation.

Stevesko, can you give us some examples?

"registrars should not own domains?" What should they be? A charity operation?

I haven't caught Enom doing anything illegal or unethical. And, I do a lot more
business with them than most.

I would be the first person to complain if I saw something wrong.

However, I did catch Namescout doing some unethical things this week.

There are some bad registrars out there. But, I don't consider Enom one of them.

stevesko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I just think that if you are going to provide a service to register names and "catch" them in the drop on behalf of customers, you should not also pick up names in the drop for your own account. Yes, they will own some domains, but actively going after good names (even mediocre names)... It's like your stock broker telling you how great a stock is while he shorts it...

Under their new ownership (I belive I read here that they were sold to a domainer) there is a HUGE conflict of interest that we all should be aware of. Everyone here is a big boy and can figure out what to do for themselves. I just think we should pause, and take a look if we want to continue to fund our competitors. I'm not saying they are (yet), but they have the ability to funnel off the names they want first, then send the sloppy seconds to the rest of us. How would we ever know? I THINK that is what they did on my names the other day. They are both registered to enom master account, they are not up for auction (public or private) or otherwise available. What do you think happened.

Steve

Steve

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Question: What is "Extended RGP" - why would Enom not realease a domain that expired in mid-February?

Answer: because it has valuable traffic.

Zaphrod

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
stevesko said:
I think we should all BOYCOT enom, I was catching a few names and they reg'ed them for their own account.

There should be some rule that registrars can't also own domains. There's just to much incentive to cheat.

Steve

I have to agree. More and more I find that domains that were registered at Enom or one of their registers, go into "Extended RGP" instead of dropping. They sit on the domains for as long as they have traffic, and only drop the low value domains. Sort of lets you know the value of the domains they drop, doesn't it :(

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Zaphrod, is the "Extended RGP" note an absolute indication Enom never released the domain? Or it went through club drop?

Validweb

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
hi
never had a problem with enom/club drop. I have grabbed lots of good domains.

You will only get an answer to the question 'could enom cheat?' if you reveal the domain in question, and all the circumstances. many members of dnf might then be able to help you, as they have a mutual interest.

Zaphrod

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
They never released the domain. I emailed them about the domain and received

Thank you for your inquiry. This domain is currently in EXTENDED REDEMPTION and may be available for sale. Please contact [email protected] to inquire about pricing.

It was suppose to drop in December or January, but it never showed up in the drop club. About a month ago, the whois data changed to " Whois Privacy Protection Service, Inc" from the previous registrant, who I know did not renew it since I talked to him.

So think what you will, I think Enom is keeping the domains that are generating parking revenue.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I will have fun with this one. Thanks Zaphrod.

GoPC

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder if that's what's happening to Business.co.uk as well... It's been "Suspended" for over 90 (98 and counting) days. I'd say that's an "Extended Suspension" !!!

This is WRONG. Plain and simple. To take all the good, valuable and trafficing names away from your own customers is just plain wrong. This company doesn't deserve to HAVE customers if this is what they are doing... keeping people in the dark and feeding them shnit.

Then again, enom may never have wanted customers... maybe just domains. Having to deal with customers is just the chaff that comes with the cream to them. A neccessary evil.

Forward this on to Bob Parsons... he really liked to make a very big, pulic deal out of unscrupulous Registrars. This would be a great topic for him to blog on.

GoPC

Zaphrod

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I figured I would update everyone on their reply to my enquiry about the domain maybe being for sale. Here is what they said.

Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry about this domain. Unfortunately the domain is not for sale. There are no current plans to auction or delete the domain, although this is subject to change at any time without notice.

There are other options however. Perhaps you would like to search for a different spelling or extension, such as .biz or .info - sometimes these names will also suit your needs and can be registered as a new name at regular rates. Search for your choice at: http://www.enom.com/domains/default.asp

If you can demonstrate objective trademark rights for this domain name, please let us know. We may be able to reconsider. Objective trademark rights include a registered trademark or an opinion letter from an attorney which analyses and explains your common law trademark rights in relation to a domain name. We would require a copy of the government issued trademark documentation to proceed.

=================================
Technical Support
www.enom.com "the anti-spam registrar"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom