Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Could enom cheat ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
LOL sorry Zaphod, didn't mean to make you mad.

It simplifies things in my case though.

Zaphrod

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mad...no. Confused would be more like it. I figured you would not be on Enoms side. Care to share some details about your case?

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm also waiting a domain to drop that has been being pushed further and further by register.com.
The domain not even has the original owner details in the whois. But each month they move the expiring date a month further !!

Onward

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Cheating you say???

Of course...who is there to regulate them ICANN? LOL

Sorry for giving everyone a cheap laugh....

Count on all registrars cheating...get the names you can, because in a few years...we will not be able to get any names that drop....Man...I remember how good 1999 was...like the wild west with dropped names.

Never again and it will only get worse.

D

Deleted member 10610

well,this is weird,if this is the answer,I dont' think this a satisfied one。

D'same

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is clearly a case of conflict of interest....how can a registrar also be a domain owner (other than their name or own). The incentive to keep the best for themselves is too great.....something needs to be done...

Zaphrod

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
An old thread, but I could not agree with you more. If the domain is a good one and is registered at Enom, I do not even bother back ordering it with them any more. They never let the good ones drop, they just keep them for themselves. They are not going to stop as long as they are making money at it. If you were them, would you let them drop if you did not have to.

sitemaker

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"registrars should not own domains?" What should they be? A charity operation?

Registrars should not own domains. It should be prevented by regulation.

I don't understand the perspective of the person quoted above. Registrars make their money by providing registration services, not by owning and parking portfolios of domains. Those are two very different business models.

There is also the issue of a clear conflict of interest:

A seller of drop-catching services, who also competes with his own paying customers for dropped domains, selectively denying to provide the services that have been sold, should be shut down.

It ought to be illegal; and may actually *be* illegal.

It's like an auctioneer having somebody secretly place bids on his own behalf; or like a real estate agent selling their own home without disclosure. These things are unethical anywhere, and illegal in many places.

fischermx

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree. It should be regulated by some Commerce authority.

D

Deleted member 5660

I thought everybody knew ENOM was bought by domainers who wanted to grab the good domains for themselves because the registrar business, by iteself without any drop club, etc. does not make any money. Everybody knows you can't make money on just registrations given the profit margins on domain registrations.

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
dog eat dog world

DomainsInc

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
that sucks, i just faxed in all the crap they require and now it seems like a waste of time. very unfair.

ClickEarn

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MANY registrars will grab EVERY NAME IN THE DAILY DROP. Then they
"Taste" or "Kite" them to see if they can make money on the traffic.

They can return the domain name to the registry before 5 days and it costs them NOTHING
so they have nothing to lose and everything to gain!

I wish ICAAN would put a stop to this for everyone

stevesko

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Companies that have the 1st shot at getting valuable dropped names will do what anyone would do, its human nature....

Jacksplat

No time to chit-chat
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
.ca is regulated in such a way where registrars cannot warehouse domains. It keeps the best interest of the registrant in the forefront. Also dropping .ca domains do not benefit any one specific registrar as all registrars have a shot at it through a carousel system. on drop day each registrar submits the grab, and like spinning a wheel cira lets one of them have it without prejudice.

pool has taken advantage of this by opening a batch of shell registrars to heighten the odds of whinning at the spin cycle.

As for enom, i dont trust them as far as i can throw them. I was high bidder in an auction almost 2 years ago for a premium name. Someone else got it and was privacy whois.

Last year I inquired personally to a domain owner to buy his domain which i needed to develop. He didnt want to sell and was developing it. I offered generously and he said no. Come expiry time the domain dropped and went into extension. I had lost my C drive and lost the old owners contact info which i had originally gotten from whois.sc (now domaintools.com).. That said the whois info is cached and in the history of the domain which i pay a membership for each month. When I went to domaintools to dig up the old history of this domain it had been replaced with todays history. Very suspicious behaviour on the part of enom and domaintools if you ask me. I couldnt call the old owner to save his domain, or perhaps re-open the old offer i made very recent to this. Enom never let it drop or go to auction, instead it got parked.

Another enom issue when i was just learning enoms system resulted in me losing 7 domains because i didnt watch them daily. I might explain that one when i got another ten mins, but i gotta run now..

Jack

Namebrander

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hell will freeze over before Icann do anything to protect domainers
But if we all collectively keep kicking up a stink then eventually things will have to change. It makes me laugh how involved (seemingly) Icann are in all the dodgy dealings in this business and how expert they are at "Turning a blind eye" or seeking immunity when their vested interest is seen to be threatened - check out the latest Icann farce re : registerfly as reported on registerflies.com

Does anyone still believe that Icann (or I won't) has any CREDIBILITY assuming it had any in the first place ??? Heads must roll

ICANN prolongs yesterdays hearing

User Rating: / 1

Registerfly Class Action Lawsuit
Written by Administrator
Thursday, 12 April 2007
Unfortunately I was just called by the clerk's office this afternoon, and Magistrate Judge Sharp just granted ICANN's Motion to continue the hearing from tomorrow April 11th 2007 to an undetermined date. I know this is bad news for so many of you who are still trapped, and it is one more breach by ICANN of their duty to protect the public.

ICANN seeking immunity from U.S. Law

User Rating: / 8

Registerfly News
Written by Administrator
Tuesday, 03 April 2007
There are a lot of things going on here and now we're hearing that ICANN may be seeking immunity from United States Law as stated in the president's strategy committee report, "explore the private international organization model" and "operationalize whatever outcomes result." As many of you may already know, there is a class action lawsuit against ICANN, Registerfly and Enom. Check out the latest developments in the lawsuit. So what's really going on here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom