Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Current info on DirectI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for uncensored opinions on DirectI - both positive and negative.

Previous threads here about DirectI are at least 6 mos old and I know they've made some API upgrades in that time, so please try to stick with current info/experiences.

They're the cheapest I've found and I'm looking for a summary of their drawbacks.

Other issues:

- Can you do a free intra-registrar transfer (push) there?

- What is the true bottom line price/domain yr in USD? I noticed the cc fee and have seen some discussion of people getting hit with unfavorable exchange rates. I'm not looking to play the currency markets here. Are all currencies still converted to rupees, and at what point does the conversion occur? My math says the cc fee (3% - common at several registrars now) makes a 6.49 domain 6.69, and an unfavorable conversion rate may nearly wipe out the .50 savings vs enom.

- If their price is really over $6.99, are you aware of any reseller/volume programs in which the *bottom line price* is actually below $6.99, net of all fees, taxes, and surcharges etc? What are additional fees?

- Is their support at least competent in your experience? I've noticed they are fairly slow (2-5 days avg) on the things I've contacted them with in the past, but got it right.

- How is the documentation of their API? How would you compare it to other registrars?

Thanks for the input.

a2zofb2b

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you look into their propsed Pricing table for ResellerSRS Reseller Accounts.
It is not attractive at all.
http://forums.webhosting.info/t-498/?

Initial Deposit Domain Pricing Domain Forwarding Mail Forwarding Managed DNS
$599 $6.75 $0.35 $0.35 $0.35
$2999 $6.49 $0.15 $0.15 $0.15

In addition, personally I am not confortable maintaining my domains with a foreign Resitrar.
What laws will be in place should you lose the domain accidentally etc..

Nameable

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm disappointed no one has offered up their experiences... does no one here use Directi?

Thanks for the reply a2zofb2b, those prices actually look decent to me! I don't need the extras, just domain registration and online control panel. All the extra crap at enom, et al is fluff (and in some cases an impediment).

As for OnlineNic, two words: no way. The price chart jumps way up for the newer gtlds and cctlds. Add to that the lousy reviews its gotten here and the fact that wuga was just banned.

I just came across nicline.com (6.39 $USD) but they are based in La Rioja, Spain and their site is a bit spartan... anyone using them? They look brand new... the legal page says their business was registered in May 2003.

.com.net.org

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
push is currently not available now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom