Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Daddy!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First off congratulations!

Second, at this stage of the game either boy/girl are a blessing...as I can attest to having one of each with number 3 on the way in April...simply hoping for a healthy baby, and strength for mom during the pregnancy is really all I can tell you.

Cheers
Steve

lol. Thanks everyone. We have our first doctor's appointment today...and thanks for the advice jberryhill. I was thinking about naming him "playstation 3" or maybe "Goldenpalace.com!" lol ..thank you all!

Domain Days 2024

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Congrats, your life will change forever! All I'd recommend is choosing a name that can be easily spelled. A lot of parents go too far with creative names and I feel sorry for the poor kids whose names will be typo'ed all through life. There is something to be said for common names like James and Michael. Just my opinion, but at least you have a few months to decide! Get a baby name book for sure.

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay guys. Yesterday, I became a statistic. My wife and I went to the Drs. office and he gave her a pregnancy test. He called and we expected him to tell us how far along she was. He told her the test was negative! I guess we fell in the .01%..My wife and I were devastated.

Is this common? A false positive home pregnancy test?

olebean

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ive never had one, then again I am a bloke!

These tests arn't 100% as i am sure your Doc said.... But hell thing on the positive side, your wife isn't going to be puking anytime soon and you'll have loads more time to practice....

For the record a left twist usually works!

ExpireGuy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay guys. Yesterday, I became a statistic. My wife and I went to the Drs. office and he gave her a pregnancy test. He called and we expected him to tell us how far along she was. He told her the test was negative! I guess we fell in the .01%..My wife and I were devastated.

No it's not common, but there are alot of variables eg. hormonal surge, defective test method. In some instances (unfortunately knowing from experience) depending on time of pregnancy, the early stage of fetal development could have procured a miscarriage hence positive to negative reading in a short period of time.

The good news is....now you get to try again.

Cheers
Steve

Rockefeller

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No it's not common, but there are alot of variables eg. hormonal surge, defective test method. In some instances (unfortunately knowing from experience) depending on time of pregnancy, the early stage of fetal development could have procured a miscarriage hence positive to negative reading in a short period of time.

The good news is....now you get to try again.

Cheers
Steve

Thanks alot Steve. I did a quick search on Google and found that false negatives are more common then people think. Thanks for all the comments guys!

tas38

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh that is not so bad, after all you can get right to trying to make a baby right ? :)

domain newbie

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score

thats not too bad, i had ones false positive HIV test , while on holidays abroad, that was the 72 hrs of the biggest nightmare in my life (till got back to England and found it was a false! )

except i never got back to normal ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom