Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Damn bloody hell registrars

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhmedF

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is anyone else here *extremely* annoyed with the level of access from the new set of registrars?

The ones springing up to support sites like pool and namewinner, and once you win a domain, the only way to make ANY changes is by emailing them?

Example - http://www.biditwinit.com/myaccount.php

Wicked - so now when I email them, I have to wait on my arse as they do the changes. And which I have been waiting for a week now.

Dammit stuff like this is so unprofessional it makes me ...

ahh .. ranted a bit. Thanks for listening :)

Ed30

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's par for the course. Wait until you win a namewinner name through a korean registrar - now that's fun. I'm still trying to get log in details for a name I won last September.

clemzonguy

Domain Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Solution to this problem.... BLACKLIST for registrars which have crappy support.
Please PM me with the names of partners and I will publish a blacklist and contact all of these services and say hey look if you catch a name at pool we won't bid past $60 b/c you suck so improve your services or we boycott simple as that.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's better to blacklist Pool as they are the true unprofessionals in entering into a contract with these bad registrars, poor support, poorly equipped, with barely working websites in some cases, especially the Asian ones they use.

One of the reasons I have chosen to NOT do business at Pool anymore is the pain and frustration in dealing with several real bad Pool registars. It is getting to the point we may start losing domains due to extreme problems getting transfers away done, especially on tld's which need authorization codes.

Just wasted two frustrating mos making contact/whois changes at an outfit named Nitin Networks, anyone ever here of them? Also spent ages being unable to login to the Control Panel of another Pool firm (in Japan). They finally made the DNS changes by emails after much effort. Similar problems at a Korea firm too.

Wish we could go back to the days Snapnames was in their heyday a few yrs ago. Not only were their registrars good firms but we even had our choice of registrars from a list to select from (Tucows was on the list), all for $69 or less, with excellent success rate similar to pool's good performance in the past year.

AhmedF

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ive had Snapnames also send me to some craptastic registrars :/

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
AhmedF said:
Ive had Snapnames also send me to some craptastic registrars :/

That's only fairly recently where you now have no choice. I am referring to several yrs ago when Snapnames was in their heyday and grabbed the names themselves. For a long time you picked from a list of registrars where you wanted the name actually reg'd at. The firm you selected may or may not have been the one who grabbed the name. Some top firms were on their list, including Tucows and others.

P.S. I have not run into bad Snapnames registars because they are now so bad at grabbing names (since Pool came on the scene) they rarely ever get a name for me so I can see who the firm is!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom