Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

=== December 11 - 2008 Auction Results ===

Status
Not open for further replies.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
John, you can count me in for help as long as it is on Saturday or Sunday nights.

I am very busy during the week.

Domain summit 2024

ARMG

Undeveloped.com - Domain name marketplace
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
What a shame I missed the auction. It seems my domain got sold and I think the buyer is pretty pleased with his purchase ;).

Soofi

First Come First Serve .iN & .ORG Backorders
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
In for Auctioneer!

jay

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Glad to see the participation.

Sorry I had to split but that time was cutting it close to dinner plans.

Not going to please everyone. So be it.

Stian

www.bitweb.no
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry I couldn't participate either. The auction started at midnight, local time and I had to get some sleep after a stressful week. I hope the next auction can start a little sooner, so that us Europeans can join the fun as well.

I'll be happy to help as auctioneer at the next event, just let me know a little in advance. Kudos to John for putting this together!

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I was a bit surprised by some of the names that didn't sell - especially at low prices.

To be honest, I was not surprised at the low volume of sales. No disrespect meant to anybody, but the general quality of the domains offered was disappointing. Lots of people talked about getting end-users to visit the auction; they wouldn't have found much of interest there. (Some, yes, but not much.)

Johnn did a lot of work to organize and prepare for this auction. If he chooses to do it again, I hope more members will support his efforts by listing true good-quality domains [at accessible prices].

(Yes, I know my own listing wasn't super-premium, but it was a solid .com with realistic end-user sales potential. Oh well, guess I'll have to go find the right end-user myself. :) )

-Dave

P.S. Sorry I couldn't attend (although my chat window was open the whole time, I was absent). My daughter was in a concert at school, and I needed to be there. I look forward to bidding at the next DNF auction.

jaydub

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sorry...I missed it but will try and come to the next one.

I have to ask after looking through the results,
Why is there a starting bid and reserve allowed. Wouldn' it be better to put your reserve as your starting bid if you are having a reserve.

I agree with Dave that there was probably not a majority of names that would have appealed to end-users but I think that will evolve as the auction evolves.

It was a lot of work and kudos for all the effort put forth by John and the crew....

britishbulldog

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Successful auction with lot's of quality domains........sedo had better watch out.........not

lotk.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
How long should I give the winning bidder to pay on a lot I sold at this auction?
Since I haven't received payment after several PMs, can I put the lot up for sale again? I already have to renew one of the domains since it is expiring today.

Please let me know your opinions.

Thanks in advance!

HomerJ

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
payment should have been received in 24 hours as per the auction rules. it is bogus and i had this happen to me in a previous auction so i left negative feedback for the buyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom