Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Decrease in $/Click

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have parked a bunch of domains all with very high click rates (25-65%) and about 30-70 uniques per day (type-in traffic). The initial %/Click was 8 eurocents for each of them. For a few days it was 5 eurocents, then 4 and now it dropped to 3. Is this a general trend or I can expect it get back to at least 5 eurocents per click?

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yesterday I experienced the same thing. One name which was avg .20 - .30 cpc, is now back down to .10. if this keeps up, I will be forced to move my names...

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Why oh why do you guys still have names at SEDO?

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Some names perform better at Sedo, since they use a single click method...

My highest CTR is 76% at Sedo...

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I sent an email to Brad, requesting a comment on this thread...

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
GT Web said:
Why oh why do you guys still have names at SEDO?

what else would you suggest for european ccTLDs? Domain Sponsor?

domainuncle

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
for some domains sedo does have a good payments

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
domainuncle said:
for some domains sedo does have a good payments

yeah but seeing a decrease in all of the feels like being stabbed :boink: i earned 25% less of what i would have if they payed 5 eurocents per click

domainuncle

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
for me also they payed less .. it was 5 eurocents per click .

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I wonder if the official launch of SedoPRO is affecting out payouts...

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd recommend Sedo for foreign names (i.e. european languages)

domainuncle

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ecfae said:
I'd recommend Sedo for foreign names (i.e. european languages)

but even my .eu is getting less. i have few locals name and they dont receive good rate as well.

Tom K.

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Are these names in english with a .eu?

I am refering to actual names in another language (whether it's with .com .eu or other). Move english domains to another parking service such as trafficz, domainsponsor, or fabulous.

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
ecfae said:
Are these names in english with a .eu?

I am refering to actual names in another language (whether it's with .com .eu or other). Move english domains to another parking service such as trafficz, domainsponsor, or fabulous.

my domain names are in local languages... but the advertisement is in english

S

SedoCoUk

Hi Everyone,

There could be several things effecting CTR and revenue which you should continue to look at.

Firstly, the ads on the page will effect both CTR and revenue. The ad feed we receive places ads on the parked pages. The way to change this is to change your keyword. If you would like, a Sedo staff member dedicated to keyword optimization will be happy to look at your current keywords and make adjustments to them based on past performance, market trends, etc.

The second factor which will effect RPC is the click behavior itself. Advertisements listed at the top of the parked page will pay more per click. Ads at the bottom will, generally speaking, pay less.

Another major factor would be traffic origin. Typically, traffic from North America and western Europe will pay more per click.

With all this said, if you have noticed a decrease in revenue, please consider changing your keyword or determining the origin of the traffic (maybe there was something in the news concerning your domain in a country not associated with a higher RPC). Also, please check to make sure all domains are still in your account. In looking at several accounts today, I noticed the top earners for the accounts were gone. This will, obviously, effect revenue.

If you have changed absolutely nothing in your account, the decrease in revenue is almost certainly due to a change in advertisements on the parked page. Again, the best way to react to this is to try different keywords (you can choose, or sedo can help with that).

Obviously, Sedo wants all of our clients to be earning as much as possible! If you would like one of our staff to optimize the keywords due to decreased earnings, please log into your account, click on "Domain Management", then on "Parking Optimizer". At the bottom of the page, there will be a link to submit a keyword optimization request.

I hope this information helps! If you have specific questions regarding parked domains, please send me an email or PM with your login name and I will be happy to look into the situation further for you.

Kind regards,

Brad
[email protected]

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hello Brad,
thank you for this detailed information that noone ever thought of , however this does not explain at all a decrease in click value across many domainers nor explains a decrease in click value on accounts with 1000's of names - unless of course every single parking page has the same advertiser.

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
wolfis.com said:
Hello Brad,
thank you for this detailed information that noone ever thought of , however this does not explain at all a decrease in click value across many domainers nor explains a decrease in click value on accounts with 1000's of names - unless of course every single parking page has the same advertiser.

I want to agree with this. Problems with keywords would explain only individual cases, but not a general trend

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom