Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Decrease in $/Click

Status
Not open for further replies.

TurNIC.com

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dear Brad,

would you explain me how I am going to change a keyword which has been used for 2 years for a domain?!. Besides how would you like a domain with "auto" or credit cards" to change with a miraculous way to another keyword. the CTR went down to 28% from 31%, total number of hits down almost 1/6th. I am suspecting 3 reasons: 1. Advertisers won't pay G as much as they paid in May. 2. You are actually cutting some clicks for some reason. 3. There are some problems with SEDO servers.

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mistermouse63 said:
I have parked a bunch of domains all with very high click rates (25-65%) and about 30-70 uniques per day (type-in traffic). The initial %/Click was 8 eurocents for each of them. For a few days it was 5 eurocents, then 4 and now it dropped to 3. Is this a general trend or I can expect it get back to at least 5 eurocents per click?

..what I experienced is that on many domains a single ad by a certain advertiser can be responsible for a big chunk of the clicks, if that one advertiser pulls his ad, or doesn't advertise under that keyword anymore I saw a drastic drop in clicks (and epc if that is coming for the highest paying region), that might explain the big drop in click-through, for the fall in traffic in general it can always be that a major back-link got deleted because its basically a non-content-link once it is parked..is your best domain an exp. traffic domain or a typo?

VioxxLawyers

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Traffic is poorer than ever, so CPC is low. I know it both as a publisher and advertiser in PPC industry. ROI has been falling in recent years.

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
domainah said:
..what I experienced is that on many domains a single ad by a certain advertiser can be responsible for a big chunk of the clicks, if that one advertiser pulls his ad, or doesn't advertise under that keyword anymore I saw a drastic drop in clicks (and epc if that is coming for the highest paying region), that might explain the big drop in click-through, for the fall in traffic in general it can always be that a major back-link got deleted because its basically a non-content-link once it is parked..is your best domain an exp. traffic domain or a typo?

The traffic I get is pure type in. There are and were no backlinks, these domains did not exist before I registered them. Very different ads are shown on all domain (toys, employment, cheatcodes and etc)... that's why all of this seems really strange

xmas13 said:
Traffic is poorer than ever, so CPC is low. I know it both as a publisher and advertiser in PPC industry. ROI has been falling in recent years.

what do you think are the reasons? (btw what is ROI?)

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
ROI = Return on Investment

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
today my $/Click decreased to 3 eurocents for almost all domains i have... Im seriously considering developing many of them and getting money from AdScene

Argie

InteractiveWork.com
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
mistermouse63 said:
today my $/Click decreased to 3 eurocents for almost all domains i have... Im seriously considering developing many of them and getting money from AdScene

If you have time, that's the way to go....

mistermouse63

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yesterday I parked a new domain at sedo. I used the same keyword as in another domain. however, the same keyword received different amounts of money on these domains. today the $/Click of the new domain fell to 3 eurocents (it was 10 yesterday)

missedcall

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
to explain such drops take screenshots of the actual ads displayed for top 10-20 domains once a week and record to an excel :

e.g. domain1.com CPC 0.30 pic1.gif may 1-7
e.g. domain1.com CPC 0.30 pic2.gif may 8-15
e.g. domain2.com CPC 0.25 pic3.gif may 1-7
e.g. domain2.com CPC 0.25 pic4.gif may 8-15
etc etc

when the CPC goes down for few days in row visit the page and compare the ADS showing.. U will see that in MOST of the times the ads changed - explaining the CPC drop. This also explains and any increases - new ads paying more came in so CPC is going up.

Also make sure that u r looking to the ads that most users visiting the domain will see...e.g. if u r in US and the domain has German visitors find a german ip address and on the "preview ads page" of sedo go up on the URL and recplace the ip=x.x.x.x with thr Greman IP - this will show you the ADS that the actual users see. Take this screenshot for comparing later.

I have used this method and saw that in every CPC drop the ads changed for my domains - change keyword where is possible - or wait few days to weeks to see if the PPC comes at previous numbers - if not move to the next PPC

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
mistermouse63 said:
yesterday I parked a new domain at sedo. I used the same keyword as in another domain. however, the same keyword received different amounts of money on these domains. today the $/Click of the new domain fell to 3 eurocents (it was 10 yesterday)

it all depends where the traffic comes from, I bet your new domain has mostly non-US traffic, also..statistically, you are saying it goes from 10 to 3 cents, then its 10 cents again, how many clicks do these domains you are referring to get a month?

S

SedoCoUk

Hi all,

Such a drastic increase (from 10 cents to 3 cents) has to indicate either a change in advertiser (as missedcall suggested) or click behavior. Keep in mind, advertisers at the top of the page pay more than at the bottom. Also, there is a difference between the sponsored links and the popular search/related links. Perhaps this is causing the change in EPC. Or, as domainah also said, origin of the traffic. It could also possibly be a combination of these.

Brad
[email protected]

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
SedoCoUk said:
Hi all,

Such a drastic increase (from 10 cents to 3 cents) has to indicate either a change in advertiser (as missedcall suggested) or click behavior. Keep in mind, advertisers at the top of the page pay more than at the bottom. Also, there is a difference between the sponsored links and the popular search/related links. Perhaps this is causing the change in EPC. Or, as domainah also said, origin of the traffic. It could also possibly be a combination of these.

Brad
[email protected]

agree, I think the question of number of clicks per month is important as well, if he gets lets say 1000 hits a month and through that 150 clicks a month, (thats 5 clicks a day on average), meaning statistically everything below 1000hits/150 clicks a month is statistically insignificanct on a daily basis because its only 5 clicks a day on average (not monthly through), lets say the traffic is mainly international traffic paying 3 cents, but if on one day or the other one of the 5 clicks is a domestic click that pays 30 cents, that means the average is now 10 cents for that day,..so the question is ..does the domain get more than 150 clicks a month?

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Why beat around the bush, Brad? Sedo simply keeps more $$$ from us. End of story. With 1 million domains parked, every cent is multipled that many times over. Congratulations on yet another Corporate Greed story.

Kirkos

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Acroplex said:
Why beat around the bush, Brad? Sedo simply keeps more $$$ from us. End of story. With 1 million domains parked, every cent is multipled that many times over. Congratulations on yet another Corporate Greed story.

Do you have facts? Or this is just your opinion?

namestrands

The Bishop
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Kirkos don't you work for SEDO?

.. have to agree with Theo on this one, however its not limited to just sedo. I record every single domain visitor that I send to my respective programs, I filter out all image, crawler and Bot traffic before it even hits there servers, I even filter out some countries.

What I have found is that no matter what program you use be it a google feed or overture feed, no two programs are alike.. in fact they are so different it really does suprise me.

Sedo has proven to be dishonest on several occasions, If you want to push it i am more than happy to drag up all the crap from last october. Because of this you have to question how deep the rabbit hole goes and the integrity of several of its employees.

No parking program wants to share their exact revenue share to the domainers, of course with the exception of Trafficz they will tell you if you ask them. The meer fact of eluding the truth about rev share is dishonest..

Frankly, they all start out well but the mighty corporate buck does not stretch far enough once you start to take on more investors.. every one wants their cut, and I am sure Matt and Crew want to keep a life they are accustomed too, so instead of giving less to the VC's its the domainers that have to take the hit.. which makes perfect business sense.

Again.. this scenario is not just SEDO, no other program have proved otherwise.

But as domainers we tend to let it happen, we grunt and groan and still allow it to go on. I am sure that one man's rhetoric is white noise to the corporate programs as they have their little gimps shielding them from the masses..

Whoever said one man could make a difference, you need a coalition, a boycott.. something..

wolfis.com

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yellow card 4 you !

(i am all for boycott -all ppc services ,all domainers for 2 days and i am sure everyone could afford that)

Kirkos

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
namestrands said:
Kirkos don't you work for SEDO?

No, I don't.

I just don't like when anybody launch harmful affirmations, without proving them. And this apply not only to SEDO, but to any company on the web.

Do you have facts? Put them here!

You don't have facts? Say "in my opinion"!

domainah

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Acroplex said:
we haven't even gotten an answer yet from him, as far as we know his domain might only get 1 hit a day...what is always with the complaining about somehting without giving any real facts, thats doesnt really help the discussion you know, if we wanna increase our income, it might be useful to figure out what keywords are being used, where exactly the traffic comes from etc. ..I am not saying sedo is perfect, but its the best parking company for my traffic at least, ...its always easy to complain . like that guy 3 posts ago that was crying about his account being closed, and he wanted to update us on what happend..nothing...sounds like there was something wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom