Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Deep Thoughts (Post Yours!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReignDomain

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DNS Kidd
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by mole
"A fool is born every second" - PT Barnum
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A fool is born every second.
60000 new domains are being registered every day (30000 top-level + others).
1 day = 86400 seconds.
86400 : 60000 = 1.44
Which means 1 domain is being registered every 1.44 sec.
So PT Barnum was almost right.

Quote is actually "A fool is born every minute"
And a name is regged every few seconds.

A coincidence ? I think not.

Dave

When PT Barnum said "A fool is born every minute" he was talking about those who reg .coms.
But then he went further (I quote):
"A fool is born every second, and regs .ws"
"A fool is born every 15 seconds, and regs .biz"
"A fool is born every 30 seconds, and regs .us"
"A fool is born every 45 seconds, and regs .org"

Those are actual :) PT Barnum words.

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by ReignDomain

"A fool is born every 45 seconds, and regs .org"

Gee I guess i better give back the money I made from selling 11 .orgs this year. It worked out to a 675% return on my investment. I didn't realize that was foolish. What kind of return on my money would I need to be considered smart? :)

ReignDomain

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl

Gee I guess i better give back the money I made from selling 11 .orgs this year. It worked out to a 675% return on my investment. I didn't realize that was foolish. What kind of return on my money would I need to be considered smart? :)

Please send all comments to [email protected] (oops..sorry [email protected]).

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmmmm... deep thoughts.... OK... here's a shot...

Some believe that humans evolve on their own and that god is a construct they create. How do they explain the prevalence of belief in god. It must serve some evolutionary purpose or it would not be so prevalent. One explanation that is consistent with evolution is that belief in god serves an evolutionary purpose by helping individual organizations to function more as a single organization. It makes individual people willing to sacrifice possessions or even life for the good of the whole. In this manner, societies with belief in god are better able to transmit their collective gene pool to future generations than societies with no belief in god. Those who believe in evolution but reject the concept of an actual god existing undermine the evolutionary advantage of belief in god. Truth in the framework of evolution is based on dominance in generational selection.... empirically determined by prevalence and continuation. Thus, ironically, the society that rejects belief in god and embraces evolution without devine purpose has less of an evolutionary advantage than a society that embraces belief in god. If the utlimate validation of truth in the framework of evolution is continuation and propagation, then belief in god is true.

:eek: :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom