Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Deleting threads . How ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have posted a number of threads that in hindsight I would like
removed as they are possibly compromising my position in
UDRP's . How can I , or can I, get them deleted ?.

Thanks
DG

Upvote 0

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can go back and edit the threads.

Draggar ,thanks but it is the Subject that needs deleting as that is where
the domain is mentioned and that is what need to get rid of.

How can I do that ?.

Thanks
DG

Acquisition

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If there was such an option, I would start a lot more threads. And would post a heck of a lot more of our names.. I hate how this site gets spidered so easily on search engines.

I contact a lot of end users, and there's people contacting us everyday to buy our domains. That happens when you own as many domains as we do.. And the last thing I want are these companies sifting and finding out I am a domainer on some message board. That can very easily ruin a potential deal right there and then.....

I really think we should have an option to delete a thread, at least being able to delete the subject line would be a good step in the right direction.

Let me also add that the spiders also affect how I buy domains on this site. In fact, I have asked sellers if they would delete a thread if I were to buy said domain for sale. And I hinge the sale on that alone sometimes.. I would buy a lot more names here, but I don't like how end-users will eventually see that I bought the domain name on some domain message board.. I bought a couple domains from people here, but privately by posting in the "wanted" section..

The bottomline is, the spiders on this site are very bad for business when you deal with as many end-users on a daily basis like I do. Posters should have the option of deleting a sales thread. Period. *or at least give that option to platinum or exclusive members, or both* .. I'm sure dnforum would get a lot more exclusive and/or platinum memberships by doing so.

Last edited:

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i agree the subject line should be allowed to be edited
i can see no reason why this shouldn't be possible
i think most members would agree

Acquisition

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Recently when we were contacting end-users to sell W E B S I T E M A R K E T I N G (dot) calm, there were some interested parties who mentioned they found the appraisal thread here for the name.. It turned them off that I was a domainer.. Luckily though, there were some others who probably missed it and we had a few companies very interested to buy it at $xxx,xxx, and it eventually sold for that amount.

My point is, not being able to delete threads here is bad for business.. It's also bad for the endusers who eventually buy the names. It's just bad all around.

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey

Since it is supported lets see if DNforum with allow us to use the
DNforum $ and charge us say $2 or so for each deletion.
That way we are happy and they make some cash.

DG

MAllie

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It turned them off that I was a domainer

I'm puzzled. Who else do these end-users think would approach them with a domain other than someone who does this for a living (or at least part-time)? Do they imagine that domain you're offering them is the only one you've ever done this with, and they just happen to be the lucky ones?

Last edited:

Sonny Banks

<span style="font-weight: bold;"><span style="font
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm puzzled. Who else do these end-users think would approach them with a domain other than someone who does this for a living (or at least part-time)? Do they imagine that domain you're offering them is the only one you've ever done this with, and they just happen to be the lucky ones?

Some yes.
But I never had a problem with DNF threads and search engines...if end users want the domain they can pay $$$$ or I hold :)

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i agree the subject line should be allowed to be edited
i can see no reason why this shouldn't be possible
i think most members would agree

I agree. This should definately be taken into consideration by the staff...

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are ways around search engines:

Domain (dot) com - will not come up in a search for domain.com (but will for domain).

Also - when you go to edit, click on the advanced edit button and you should be able to edit the subject line there (it may take a few minutes to change over, though).

Lastly - I see too many people bumping their threads with "sale closed" posts. This just pops them back up for search engines as being "updated' content. Just edit the first post saying "Sale closed" - no need to bump.

As for being allowed to delete your threads - this could be abused. If someone doesn't like the bids or offers they received (say they start a $1 auction and the top bid is only $1) - they can delete it and think they do not need to go though with the offer.

(But I would like to hear what others think of it).

RTM.net

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
+1 for each and every point that Draggar made... I was thinking to myself Hmm, this Draggar fellow sure knows a few things about community / forum management when I glanced over and saw... "moderator".

We manage several communities, and Draggars final point about not allowing users to delete entire threads is a good one - abuse and then tirades from community members about who said/bid/claimed/retracted what, and so forth.

Rob

dmyre

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Also - when you go to edit, click on the advanced edit button and you should be able to edit the subject line there (it may take a few minutes to change over, though).

I just tried this, and although it changed the title at the top of my thread, the thread title and URL still have the undesirable information. It's been about 15 mintues...

Any other suggestions?

C

Chuck

I agree. This should definately be taken into consideration by the staff...

I will see what can be done on allowing the editing of titles but can tell you, as of today, there are no plans to allow members to delete threads.

Acquisition

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
There are ways around search engines:

Domain (dot) com - will not come up in a search for domain.com (but will for domain).

That's not true.. I mentioned more than one domain here with Domain (dot) com. And they come up on the first page of google when you type in domain.com. As a matter of fact I once checked and it came up in the first page of google within a couple of hours.

The glue on the spiderwebs here are absolutely ridiculous.

I think the only way to go around it is posting something just as ridiculous like saying " The dotcalm for the word "Money" after the word "make"

Last edited:

wussadotcom

Level 6
Reaction score
That's not true.. I mentioned more than one domain here with Domain (dot) com. And they come up on the first page of google when you type in domain.com. As a matter of fact I once checked and it came up in the first page of google within a couple of hours.

The glue on the spiderwebs here are absolutely ridiculous.

I think the only way to go around it is posting something just as ridiculous like saying " The dotcalm for the word "Money" after the word "make"

Lol.. thats really funny. Maybe we should use that:smilewinkgrin:

Acquisition

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Lol.. thats really funny. Maybe we should use that:smilewinkgrin:

I'm seriously considering it. No joke.

I'm going to put domain**-(dot)-** calm. I mean, calm and com sounds the same, people know. So there is no use to type in "com".

And just mention the 2nd word first, and vice versa (with a small explanation that the real name of the 1st word is really the 2nd word etc).

Maybe using spaces between the letters is a good idea on top of that as well.

Domainers will start working "in code" on this site. LOL

Last edited:

dominator

Corporate Design, Naming & Branding
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
replacing the dot isn't the solution

if the domain name is just a one word generic, it can help
if it's a two word or non-dictionary, then not

the domain name should be interrupted somehow
e.g.
Doma(STOP)inName.com

domaingenius

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ive got a problem only with 2 now, were the thread was
closed by admins and cannot thus edit. Any chance
if I give the links an admin could do the necessary ?

Thanks
DG

ARMG

Undeveloped.com - Domain name marketplace
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It would be great if we could indeed fully edit the title of Thread.

When we now edit the title the title above the original first post gets edited but not the title shown here: DNForum - Domain Sales, Domain Forum, Domain Appraisals, Domain Registrars > Domain News, Beginners Guides and Legal Stuff! > Suggestions and Feedback
Deleting threads . How ?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom