Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

delivering domain before payment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

INFORG

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Diogenes,

I sold you the domain name (unifiedcompanies.com). I picked it up through Namewinner when it dropped because it had link popularity and was insurance related. Stewart Ogilby was the previous owner who let it drop and I am not in any way connected to him.

As far as the link numbers decreasing, this happens sometimes when webmasters update their links, and especially if the previous owner searches out all his link partners and has them update to a new URL.

I have sold many domains here without complaint. Stewart Ogilby approached me about buying the name shortly after I registered it, but would not meet my selling price. (He seemed to think NetSol was going to just hand it over to him LOL)

Many previous owners put it numerous transfer requests in hopes of "stealing" a name back. Given the guy's attitude and my experience with him, I would not trust him to give you payment after he has control of the domain. Get your cash up front.

I hope you make a good buck on the deal - proof positive I sell high quality merchandise at good prices :)

Just wanted to set the record straight since my name appeared to be mentioned in a less than favorable way.

NexSite

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Bunch of BS. DOn't do it. Raise the price on a weekly basis untiul they pay you. Gee. Does the title of a property change before payment is made? I think not.

URLtrader

Domain Champ
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If buyer is desperate to buy , seller should know what to do. :D

Beachie

Mr Flippy Returns..
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
2gajgops has been around here for a long time - I don't think he is up to any mischief :)

Looks like the previous owner wants his domain back. Don't give out your SS# or any other personal info, as several registrars/email providers use this as a method of retrieving lost passwords..

It really does look like this guy, Ogilby, is trying to scam you out of the name. I wouldn't sell to him for any price, just out of principle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom