Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Determining The Age Of A Domain

Status
Not open for further replies.

robmgf

Level 2
Reaction score
I noticed recently that some domains that I was thinking of hand registering, though now deleted, were active websites in years past. Do domain investors who value the age of a domain calculate the age from the time that the name was first registered, or from when the name is put back into circulation?
Any replies appreciated.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
they put value on how long it's been "consistently" registered, where the "original" registration date remains intact.

many backorder services that catch domains upon expiry or in pre-release, maintain their original registration dates.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I noticed recently that some domains that I was thinking of hand registering, though now deleted, were active websites in years past. Do domain investors who value the age of a domain calculate the age from the time that the name was first registered, or from when the name is put back into circulation?
Any replies appreciated.

Here's an analogy: When measuring your pee-pee, always measure from the top - not the bottom. :D

The latter is analogous to considering a deleted domain as "old", despite having lost its original registration date.

Makes sense?

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Here's an analogy: When measuring your pee-pee, always measure from the top - not the bottom. :D

The latter is analogous to considering a deleted domain as "old", despite having lost its original registration date.

Makes sense?
Did you mention girth? Oops, never mind. Should have been birth.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Did you mention girth? Oops, never mind. Should have been birth.

Birth of the domain. Very well-put. You're the godfather of domaining :D

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any replies appreciated.
In all seriousness, age is its own component often times when I am looking at names. I do like aged names (the older the better) but more importantly I want to know what the name did or was in its previous life. In other words, was it a website? Old name that were sites then leads to additional research on Archives what the site appeared like, what did it look like, did it have a continuous streak of life (several years), and what products or services did it sell. Some aged names do an can stand on their own. But those with site history at times make better sense since it does have a history of traffic.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I want to know what the name did or was in its previous life.

Don't go to Archive.org and input Buns.com because it won't be glute-free content. I mean, gluten-free.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nor bloat free.

Speaking of bloat, I went back outside and was mowing the front lawn. Well, I just had to find a yellow jackets nest in ground. Geez, stung at least 5 times before I knew I was on it. I don't recall being allergic to bee stings (by the way, I own AllergicReactions dot net) but it is starting to look like I have two right cheeks (stung right below the lip on the chin). Little bastards will get gassed tonight.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
You need GreenLawn dot net Gerry. No bees there, very little maintenance. Oh, and it's 15 years of age so the sod is ripe.

Gerry

Dances With Dogs
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Better now. Numbness (and pain) subsiding. Now it is raining too hard to go out and pour gas down the hole.

Counted a total of 5 stings.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
Yikes.

On another note, you do realize that 12 posts will be missing from this thread tomorrow? :D

krest

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I used domaintools.com most of the time for check domain age

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom