Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Developed .info's

Status
Not open for further replies.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomeBase

Asked and received in median range from survey on forums...
$2-$3K. Probably low for retail (end-user), but I was happy with it for wholesale and entertainment/sports application of Star.info is not in my area of expertise. I also know and have a good relationship with buyer. Also, I have other .INFOs that I am developing that will gain with increase in .INFO namespace value, so this helps to diversify/balance portfolio among .COM/.INFO. My prediction is that Star.info will be worth a couple times sale price in a year or two, but I am happy with sale for the above reasons.

I received an offer today for Star.info for $4K which I will refer to the forum member who is in the process of buying this domain from me in the $2-$3 range. This is the second time that a buyer of a .INFO name has had the opportunity to get nearly double return on investment within short time of purchasing a name from me. In one respect, perhaps my sale prices were a little low, but one can not be sure in advance and I am happy with these transactions and the knowledge that my buyers (forum members whom I know) got good value. Some folks view me as an ".INFO advocate", I try to be objective but perhaps even I have not been as optimistic as I should be. Thought I would post this so that folks have the most accurate information on the still-evolving market for .INFO names.

GiantDomains

President
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by cxz
It is possible that they (newyorkers) think info is a government extension, and not a global one.
:confused:

???

Are you calling us stupid??lol.

M

mole

Originally posted by cxz

Of course if you are involved in domain business you know what .info is. This is not a matter of iq. Many smart people don't (even) know the difference between a domain name and website.

Agreed. It's all about experience. Sites with .info and .biz that really deliver on (1) information and (2), B2B will begin to experience the difference. And experience the true meaning, of relevance.

And one day, they will look at .com, and laugh at all that stupidity that 1997-1999 signified. As the web matures, it will no longer be a catch-all, come-to-me-sucker address.

Businesses are realising, traffic, cough, isn't the key to success. Relevancy is.

It always amazes me how human folly plays out, the laggards will always chant .com .com, because their mindsets can accept no other. The entreprenuers will chant "why .com?", in an attempt to look for better alternatives.

Both are right. It's really a path you decide to take. Just like the early dotcommers did when most of us didn't even have an internet connection then and are now self-proclaimed "speculators"

Live it. Or lose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom