Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

developed Developed Website: Emails.net | $13,000 BIN | Free and Business web-based Email Service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Updated: 14 June 2006.
Domain SOLD - Transfer in process.

Domain Name: Emails.net

Registrar: Moniker

Price: $9,000 BIN

Type of website: Free and Business web-based Email Service.

I am unloading the website located at Emails.net. Through the purchase of the site the new owner would acquire the following:

1) Domain names; Emails.net, Emails.info, and E-mails.org. All domains are registered at Moniker.

2) All the content therein; All the html files, images, banners, and the vBulletin forum currently located at forums.emails.net.

More detail about the content: There are a handful of pages; Homepage - login in for web-based email accounts which are powered by Hivemail, a custom prepared Privacy Policy page and Terms of Service page, a signup page, business plans page, and the token forgot password page. All are linked at the main address.

The sale also includes the license I purchased from vBulletin. It is an owned license which has to be renewed annually to receive access to the update downloads. The forum itself is a custom job, designed by myself and using many addons available for the script. The activity at the forums has been slow, primarily because I have been spending a good deal of time on other projects - basically my efforts were focused on the creation, but I lacked the drive to focus on the traffic.

There are currently about 13,000 registered users, a few of which paid for more space - negligible. Of those 13,000 users I can say about 3-5K use the service regularly. This is after looking closely at the logs over the course of a few days - qualitative data really. Take it for what it is worth.

The site is listed in Yahoo! Directory, for which wont be renewed next year unless the new owner wishes to pay the $299 to keep it live.

The site is listed as a PR4 site in Google but does not list high for any keywords related to the site. However, in Yahoo! and MSN the site is top one or two pages for the keyword "Emails."

I am currently using Network Eleven for hosting, and they have been great. They are out of Portland, Oregon. I recently paid for a new year (I will have to check, but I believe it was February) and you can keep the site there until you find a new home, if you like.

I think the service would benefit greatly if the new owner opted to use another email service program (currently using Hivemail); like Mailenable - out of Oz. I downloaded a free copy, without the web-based bells and whistles and was very impressed, it's very robust. I didnt do it because of the time and effort it would take to migrate all the data from HM to Mailenable, plus the pain of troubleshooting, which is inevitable me thinks.

Traffic is ok, again I havent been working too hard on it - averaging about 120 uniques a day - awstats. AdSense income is negligible - I have not advertised enough, imo. More details can be offered on traffic if you are seriously considering purchasing the site. Just drop me a PM.

I did do some advertising a few months back and that drove some nice traffic to the site. Great thing is, it dropped a month later but not to pre-advert levels. It gets about 3,200 uniques per month.

I would be willing to stay on and provide content for the forums, but it would be sporadic - perhaps a couple times a month. This isnt part of the cost, just my way of staying close to something I took pride in.

Potential? Im not even going to bring it up. Any domain or website has as much potential as the owner wishes to invest.

BIN: $10,000
Offers starting at $5,000 will be considered.

I will be out of town starting 9 June and not back until 12 June. I may check PM's sporadically. So, please be patient with me over the next few days.

If you want to talk about the site or anything related to the sale you can also call me: 414-232-8413.

I would prefer to use Escrow.com and I would split fees with the buyer.

Regards,
Stuart.

Domain summit 2024

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BIN has been updated. I will also accept offers for packages including domains in my signature. Please PM me for offers or inquiries. Thank you!

Stuart.

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
AdSense income is negligible, not making enough to note but generating income, yes.

Regards,
Stuart.

Thanks for the PM's. Think I responded to all of em, I havent let me know.

High bid is currently $5,500.00

I am hoping to do better.

Im going to drop the BIN: $9,000.00

Stuart.

Ugh, this thread is acting all wicky-wacky!

BIN has been changed, current high bid at $5,500.00

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I will be out tomorrow until Monday evening. PM me with questions and I will get back to you asap. Again high bid is $5,500.00 and I am strongly considering it. Get those bids in or BIN.

Regards,
Stuart

Jon

DNF Regular
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How much is the website currently making per day?

Salient

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
"AdSense income is negligible"

...and I wouldnt offer exact numbers based on the TOS. However, considering all the monetization efforts on the site I suspect it is making something in the range of a dollar a day - give or take a dollar.

:)

Stuart.

This domain has been sold.
Transfers in process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators