Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Development Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure if this post should go here, but I'll plop it up nevertheless

I have a domain, OscarPrediction.com
there are about 3500 Overture searches for the exact phrase ('oscar prediction'), and I'm sure this number would go up a lot during Oscar season (say January).

I'm not sure what to do with this site, though. I am heavily into movies (I study film production in college), and would really have no problem writing about them, though I'm not sure if I would have the time for that.

Or I could just put up a forum. Can I expect traffic if I do that? Plenty of people want to discuss Oscar movies.

Or I could just sell it (if I get a decent price, that is).

Any suggestions?

Also, I'm a complete newbie to website development...so that's a huge minus...

fab

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I suggest putting up a full fledged web-site, including blogs, videos, photo gallery, news & articles, and a forum.

I think you have an excellecnt domain, that won't make any money parking, so either resell it, or have it developed.

My suggestion pay a professional, and then learn how to add content.

Look at my other posts in this section.

Good luck!

dcristo

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Forums are hard to get going. You need decent traffic and a lot of active posters to make a good go of it. IMHO you would have to develop the name to get a decent price for it, because the term isn't very commercial. With regard to development ideas, a blog with the latest movies related content would work.

sashas

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys

I think I'll try and put up a full-fledged website for it. Will be hard to manage, but college's out, and I have plenty of time

Thanks again

also, can I hire people to write the content for me, since the way I see it, the site would be huge and require a lot of content that I can't really add myself

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom