Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Devolution Is Leaving - Goodbye Everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

devolution

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, I've had enough of these continual attempts to undermine us Gold members, removing all that we can do. Soon, we'll be as worse off as silver members.

I think it's a disgrace that us members who were there from the start get treated like poo.

Titanium memberships indeed - who do you think you are - a credit card company?

I'm leaving to go to a better place...

My expertise, knowledge, jokes, humour, info, UK domain info, expiring domains, insight will I'm sure be sorely missed here...

But as someone once said, "I'll not be a member of any forum who will have me as a Gold member..." - perhaps I misremembered it, but the essence stays the same.

My DNF bucks are available for sale - highest bidder or a date with Angelina - bid here:

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=37462

Farewell UncleWilco, Revs, BritishAngel, TxFilly, Nameslave, and other buddies...

It's been fun, but it isn't anymore...

kevvy

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great. Now we have to pay more.

The whole reason why I applied for GOLD is to be able to view and submit reply posts in the sales section.

In fairness, previous members should be able to complete their yearly membership with the original access to the forums. Or a "unused/pro-rata" refund of their membership.

I'm off.

Dominion

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by devolution
Well, I've had enough of these continual attempts to undermine us Gold members,

And I don't think you will be the only one Devolution.

TexasFilly

RBS consultant
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
devolution.. sorry too see you go. (keep us posted on your place of landing..)

kevvy.. valid point!

BestRegards
TexasFilly

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Relax, you will have access to the sales thread today.

-=DCG=-

domnet

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
What about expiring domains????????/

Dominion

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComGod
Relax, you will have access to the sales thread today.

-=DCG=-

And are the others we used to have access to, such as Expiring Domains, be made available to Gold members?

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
yes, fixing all now.

-=DCG=-

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't just leave, devolution. The re-org is still going on; may I ask if you could pardon our dust for the next while?

Actually, Gold members will be able to view and reply to:

Domains For Sale
Developed Websites for sale
Advertising and Related Offers
Expiring Domains

But you'll need to upgrade to Platinum in order to start a thread and sell.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by nameslave
Don't just leave, devolution. The re-org is still going on; may I ask if you could pardon our dust for the next while?

Well put NameSlave.

In any facelift operation, there are bound to be some small bumps.

-Bob

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Devolution,

Even though the thread is a little hostile ;) , it pointed out a great problem that is now fixed.

Thank you!

-=DCG=-

D

Deleted member 4749

We didn't need any classification from the very beginning, it was a stupid idea of Gregr that just scares people away.
Take that down and make the forum free otherwise it will not grow.

D

Deleted member 4749

Originally posted by devolution
Well, I've had enough of these continual attempts to undermine us Gold members, removing all that we can do. Soon, we'll be as worse off as silver members.

I think it's a disgrace that us members who were there from the start get treated like poo.

Titanium memberships indeed - who do you think you are - a credit card company?

Very true in a big part.

D

Deleted member 4749

I cannot understand why anyone would charge a mambership fee on a forum ??? There is no other forum that charges any membership fee, not to mention the complete greed - calssification of members based on the price of their memberships.

Then they say someone is greedy... watch the mirror guys.

This is a forum and it should be free, no matter if you like it or not. As a paid forum it has no future.

Too bad too sad.

D

Deleted member 4749

And who will be buying your advertising space if there are only so few active members (430 pl.. and 240 gold) members and the number of leaving people is not far from the number of newcomers is beyond my understanding as well.

Or are you waiting for another boards that will bring the whole Dan's creation to an end ?

No jokes, you gotta face the problem. The traffic is no longer being sent to the forum and where will new members come from is under a question, however there is no question where the people leave.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
All this kind of confusion could easily be avoided if the mods or whoever would *FINALLY* care to post announcements about changes in the "DNForum Site News" section - afterall, that's what it's there for, ain't it ?

I just can't understand why mods etc. STILL refuse to post announcements while/after/before implementing changes as if it was a real difficult thing to do or anything.

And no, posting an announcement buried within some thread in some other section is not what i'm talking about....geeez.

GT Web

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I think we should make Devolution on honourary Platinum member.....

I think we should put the other memberships on sale, to drum up support....

I've made hundreds here, it was well worth my origional $15 sign up fee....

bidawinner

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by beatz
All this kind of confusion could easily be avoided if the mods or whoever would *FINALLY* care to post announcements about changes in the "DNForum Site News" section - afterall, that's what it's there for, ain't it ?

I just can't understand why mods etc. STILL refuse to post announcements while/after/before implementing changes as if it was a real difficult thing to do or anything.

And no, posting an announcement buried within some thread in some other section is not what i'm talking about....geeez.

You're right Beatz.. changes should be posted in DNForum site News ..
although DCG has been posting all week about upcoming changes.. but yes DNGF updates shhould be in one spot where everyone would expect .. in the DNF News .. I'll pass it along.

com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
We had this whole 'membership' thing going a while ago, back when Gregr was running things. Lets not go there again.

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok all new changes will be announced in news section.

-=DCG=-

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom