Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Devolution Is Leaving - Goodbye Everybody!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Coordinator Inc
I cannot understand why anyone would charge a mambership fee on a forum ??? There is no other forum that charges any membership fee, not to mention the complete greed - calssification of members based on the price of their memberships.

Then they say someone is greedy... watch the mirror guys.

This is a forum and it should be free, no matter if you like it or not. As a paid forum it has no future.

Too bad too sad.

And yet you appear to have paid it at least twice? Must have at least $100 value to you...

Nexus

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DotComGod
Ok all new changes will be announced in news section.
-=DCG=-
THanks, DCG. I completely agree with beatz that this consistancy has been lacking.
I cannot understand why anyone would charge a mambership fee on a forum ??? There is no other forum that charges any membership fee, not to mention the complete greed
There are many forums that charge fees to participate, Yakov. Many Internet services that charge fees as well. Money makes the world go around. I don't think you should keep calling it "greed" when so much has been done to add to the forum and make it a better place. I realize you may just be trying to throw stones for the heck of it, but I wanted to put that out there.
No jokes, you gotta face the problem. The traffic is no longer being sent to the forum and where will new members come from is under a question, however there is no question where the people leave.
Yakov, read the "Current Online Users" number. For instance, right now it says 101 users. These are registered users, active, browsing the website. If you can find another domain name forum (even one that is FREE) generating THAT much activity and participation, then you can at least lend some truth to your observations.

I can tell you that DiscussNames.com is also a paid forum (though far less successful, its certainly "there").

~ Nexus

D

Deleted member 4749

The ruling in undemocratic, that's it. And instead of expansion the concentration is put on classification.

As to the forums, webhostingtalk is among many more successful free forums than dnforum.com
Some are 5 times as big. There are many folks who will come to the forum if it were free.

lotsofissues

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
This is why I want to be an administrator here....

Long before I've seen that role as good practice for a future political office position...

Jack Gordon

Serial Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
The ruling in undemocratic, that's it.

of course it is! this is not a democracy - its business. the owner of this forum owes you nothing. he lives or dies by the value of the services he offers and the market reaction to those services.

if you leave, and a lot of people follow, he will learn that he pushed too hard. if, however, the reaction to new services for new $$ is positive, he will be encouraged to continue innovating.

never make the mistake of thinking people owe you something for nothing. that leads to unhappiness and an early grave.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The ruling in undemocratic, that's it. And instead of expansion the concentration is put on classification.

As to the forums, webhostingtalk is among many more successful free forums than dnforum.com
Some are 5 times as big. There are many folks who will come to the forum if it were free.

Charging a fee sorts ou a ton of people who arent serious about what they do.

Just like WHT..
WHT is "ok" becuase thier rules are SO STRICT.

Every 6th member is banned :)

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Gentlemen, it's called capitalism!

There are Porsches and there are Volkswagens.

There is Filet Mignon and chicken fried steak.

There's Dom Perignon and there's Ripple Sparkling Wine.

DotComGod has definitely proven his skill and expertise at the domains game as well as many other online ventures.

If you want someone like DCG to bring all his knowledge, expertise, experience, contacts and resources to bear to make DNForum a BETTER, more SUCCESSFUL, more PROFITABLE place to do the BUSINESS of domains, then be patient, understanding and watch for results. Give him the time he needs to COMPLETE the transition!

Very few really good things worth having are free! How many of you give your quality domains away for free? No... you want MONEY for VALUE! Why, you dirty capatilists, LOL!

If a great environment like DNF is now, and the even better place it is becoming, is NOT something a person wants to have in their life, or if they truly feel they are being "cheated" somehow, then I say they should leave.

Devolution, you and your contribution to DNF will be missed by many, and most are very sorry to see you go. I hope you will reconsider. I hope you will give Adam the time he needs. Change is never easy, but great strides forward require great change. Period.

I, for one, am staying to see it through!

Peace to you Devo, and best wishes!
WebCat

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebCat

There's Dom Perignon

First time I ever consumed "too much" alchohol was dom.

I couldnt resist :)

WebCat

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by devildude8989
First time I ever consumed "too much" alchohol was dom.

I couldnt resist :)
DD, I always KNEW you had a streak of the comedian in you!! That was the Dommest joke I've heard all day.

Steen

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by WebCat
DD, I always KNEW you had a streak of the comedian in you!! That was the Dommest joke I've heard all day.

It wasnt a joke..

It was the truth..

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom