Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024
This is a discussion about the domain name register/company GoDaddy.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just got an email saying that GD's Discount Domain Club pricing is jumping to $9.99/month. I paid $58.49 last year for an annual membership, so the price has more than doubled.

My portfolio has been trickling from GD to another registrar, but that trickle will now become a flood. I'm not the biggest fish in the domain ocean, but I've spent about $30K at GD over the years; with this new pricing, they're clearly telling me (and my domains and money) to go away.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
to me, the dd club seemed like a sucker move.
where GD could get domainers to pay lump sums upfront and smaller sums on the backend.

it compels you to spend, to take advantage of the membership.

imo....

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
to me, the dd club seemed like a sucker move.
where GD could get domainers to pay lump sums upfront and smaller sums on the backend.

it compels you to spend, to take advantage of the membership.

imo....
Yeah, I always thought that too ... but when viable GD coupon codes suddenly became scarce, I felt like they forced me to buy the DD membership. I guess that was part one of their strategy; part two is jacking the price up. Brilliant plan. 'Bye!

jdk

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I received the same thing. I have had it the last several years so I would not have to spend hours per year looking for renewal codes. Now the price has gone up it is not worth the price. Does anyone recommend another secure host that has great support? I usually call support 2-3 times per year, but when I do I want them to be competent enough to handle the situation the first time around.

Any suggestions for a move?

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom