Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Discovered possibly stolen 2 letter .com and at least one other name, what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A few weeks ago I sent the owner of gy.com, the administrative contact, an email saying I am interested in purchasing it. I got a response from that address saying it is for sale and for further correspondence email [email protected] (thats not really it). I exchanged a few more emails then to find out he would sell gy.com to me for $15,000 US. What a bargain...suspicious.

I start searching around and see that the name changed hands a few years ago, and the phone numbers change.. and when I google the phone numbers I find the domain konjacfoods.com lists one of the phone numbers.. then the whois for konjacfoods.com shows recently changed to admin contact of [email protected], and technical contact the original owner which is still admin contact at gy.com... somehow this [email protected] person must have gained access to the real owners netsol account or his sbcglobal email account?

I just called the phone number in current whois of gy.com and spoke to the real owner and he had no idea there was any problem, and said the name is not for sale, and I tried to explain some of this to him but there was a little language barrier as he is Chinese I think, and I don't think he understood. So, I am putting this out here to see ideas on what to do, if anything.

T

tekz999

Seems like he got it back. Try do a whois. It will shows his sbcglobal email.

scrsteven

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
tekz999 said:
Seems like he got it back. Try do a whois. It will shows his sbcglobal email.
Oh, I know it shows the sbcglobal email, I'm saying this [email protected] guy replied to my email sent to the sbcglobal.net email address, and said to correspond further using the [email protected] address. So, he must have access to the sbcglobal.net email address somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom