Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Disk Boot Failure! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matvey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I have a SATA hd in right now that works so i cant plug it into the exact cable.

What would you do about the memorry problem?

Domain Days 2024

BostonDomainer

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you have 2 sticks in there like 2 x 512, take one out and try loading and do the same with the other. Then I would try testing the sticks in different slots to weed out a problem with the slots.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
nothing you can do with the memory but try a new stick and take out the one thats in there, if you have the same type of memory in another computer you can swap out to try it first. , don't go across a carpet when you are working in there, a static jump spark of the smallest will blow the motherboard., always touch metal and de-static yourself before touching computer parts.

Matvey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
You guys do nto understand.

I have disk boot failure.

I then shut off my computer.

I come down say 30 minutes later and it starts windows up and im on my computer i get on dnforum and then it restarts and says disk boot failure ( restarts by itself )

I then shut off and turn on a few hours later and im on it right now. It will prbably shut off soon.

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
yes we understand what its doing, something is causing a failure, there are 4 things that will cause this restart and boot failure problem, you have to narrow it down ,

bad stick of memory
hard drive heating up (shorted)
processor looping (gone bad)
power supply on its way out

the easiest place to start is memory.

Matvey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
but I dont know how to check for those things because osmetimes it turns on like its on now.

Say next time my computer does that what do I do? Take out a memorry stick and restart?

DNjet

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I would start right now, I doubt that both your sticks of memory went bad, so take out one stick and run it on the remaining stick for a long time to see if it does it again, if it does then put that one back in and pull the other one and run it, if it does it again now, then move on to the other possibles, but you have to start somewhere and memory is the easiest place to start.

make sure you unplug the computer before you touch anything in there.

Matvey

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Computer has been working solid for the past 5 hours. Im going to see if it last for 3 days of use and call ti solved problem.

Just bought new case for the computer I hope thats all i need to have my setup nice. http://www.xoxide.com/tuniq-symmetry-1-case-black.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom