Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

Disrespectful treatment of simple title error

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Yesterday morning, I posted a sales thread. I returned to it in the afternoon and discovered it was closed - no explanation. I realized I had forgotten to include a domain in the title. OK, it was early, I was sleepy, my fault.

So I made another version of that thread (with a domain in the title) and re-posted. I checked this morning and saw that the second thread is gone, which means that possible sales opportunities have been lost.

I understand that mods/admins face a lot of challenges. But wouldn't it be better to send someone a note - "Please add a domain to your title or your thread will be closed!", or "Add a domain to the title and PM me to re-open the thread" - rather than dealing with your clientele so harshly??

Signed,
A frustrated Exclusive member

(P.S. Over at NP, I made a similar error once, and an admin politely informed me why the thread was closed ....)

Upvote 0

VirtualT

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
you didn't use any bold red text did you? :)

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi

One of your threads was closed for "no domain in title"

The other thread was closed because it was a duplicate thread, posted in two different "Platinum" sections. Posted in "Offers Wanted" section and "Other" sales section.

Any time you create a thread in a "Platinum" forum, then you must follow the guidelines there, just like any other member.

As an Exclusive member, you ARE allowed to create more than 1 thread in any Platinum sales section, however not the same names/thread in every section or more than one. As posting the same names in each "Platinum" section would be considered spam.

As an Exclusive member, you can also post domains for sale in a "Exclusive" section, that can be seen by ALL members, and there is "NO domain name in the title" requirement for that area.

You also can post in "Exclusive" only section, which can ONLY be seen by other Exclusive members.

Additionally, as an Exclusive member, you can post " this domain is for sale" in Exclusive Only section, and post that same name in "one" of the Platinum areas as well, as long as a domain name is in the title of the "Platinum" section thread.

Hope that clears things some, and if still unclear, lmk.

Thanks and sorry for your inconvience.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks - that does clear up some things that I was unaware of.

However, the deleted thread I'm talking about was not the one you refer to (though I'm aware of that one too). I reposted my LLLL.com sales thread in the under-$100 section after the original one was closed. Now that second version of it has disappeared altogether.

When a thread is closed for lacking a domain in the title, I wish it were possible to add a domain to the title and then re-open the thread. Barring that, can I at least put up another version of the thread, with a domain in the title? (In fact, can I go do that now?)

Regards,
Dave

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks - that does clear up some things that I was unaware of.

However, the deleted thread I'm talking about was not the one you refer to (though I'm aware of that one too). I reposted my LLLL.com sales thread in the under-$100 section after the original one was closed. Now that second version of it has disappeared altogether.

When a thread is closed for lacking a domain in the title, I wish it were possible to add a domain to the title and then re-open the thread. Barring that, can I at least put up another version of the thread, with a domain in the title? (In fact, can I go do that now?)

Regards,
Dave

It possible to "re-open" a thread, when no domain is put in the title, however do you realize that you ( not you specifically ) are not the only member who does this.

Mods closed several threads every day, just for this reason. If we went around and added the domain for you....then what's the point in having a rule?

In the past, I have re-opened threads when a member immediately sent a pm or posted a note in the thread that they forgot, and asked "would a mod please put "this" domain in the title".

But as a standard practice, it is not done.

If you reposted your thread in "Platinum" section, with a domain name in the title, then it should not have been closed, as an Exclusive member you can exercise this priviledge.

Thanks

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the past there was a forum mod which enforced the mandatory domain name in title. Problem: it did only allow domains ending with .com.

I think the mods don't have the time to drop a note to the OP every time as there are too many members that do not follow the rules and it's not only newcomers. Hopefully after one closed thread they pay more attention.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In the past there was a forum mod which enforced the mandatory domain name in title. Problem: it did only allow domains ending with .com.

I think the mods don't have the time to drop a note to the OP every time as there are too many members that do not follow the rules and it's not only newcomers. Hopefully after one closed thread they pay more attention.

you'd be surprised at the pm's i get, when a member has his thread closed.

from being called names to demanding a refund.

FuseFX

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
When I was newly appointed as a moderator, I'd usually edit every thread which I saw was not following the rules and duly sent a PM to the member. But after a week of doing this, I realized --

1. People who I edited threads of were repeating the same mistake. Which means that they were simply not caring about the gesture and the warning.

2. It was taking so much time that I didn't have time to participate in the forum.

Now what I usually do is that I search for all new threads and close all the threads not having a domain in title using inline moderation. I agree that it may not be the politest way to do this but, trust me, with the number of threads posted here daily, it is the most efficient way to do this.

If you ever feel that you have been un-duly moderated, you can always send a PM to any of the mods here so that the issue can be looked into and corrected.

Hope you understand.

All the best.

randomo

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mods closed several threads every day, just for this reason. If we went around and added the domain for you....then what's the point in having a rule?
Sorry if I was unclear, I didn't mean the mod should add the domain - I meant the OP should, after a short reminder. But I can understand that some people abuse the system, so it's hard to remind everyone.

Oh well. Guess I'll just go repost that sale again. Wish me luck.

Domainator

DotAgent
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I want a refund!

For what I am not sure, just send me $10,000 USD.:yes::yes::yes::lol:

Happy Holidays to all and to all a good night!!

you'd be surprised at the pm's i get, when a member has his thread closed.

from being called names to demanding a refund.

katherine

Country hopper
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I want a refund!

For what I am not sure, just send me $10,000 USD.:yes::yes::yes::lol:

Happy Holidays to all and to all a good night!!

Want a refund too :)
10K is cheap for my post contributions :lol:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
As an Exclusive member, you ARE allowed to create more than 1 thread in any Platinum sales section

Can this be officiated as it's nowhere to be found in the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom