Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Thread deleted even though asking Admin before posting it, why?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JED

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Earlier this morning I created a thread with a contest for guessing the auction price for a domain I have at this months Greatdomains.com auction. Prior to creating this thread I had contacted the admin ImpactAdmin about this and he specified I could post it at the Advertising and Related Offers - Contests section.

Now recently when trying to access the thread I unfortunately found out that it had been deleted, without an explanation. This is very unfortunate since I made certain to contact an admin beforehand so I would do everything correct and the thread wouldn't be closed or deleted. The sad part is also that the thread had already gotten quite a few replies with members entering the contest and it would be a shame if their replies would have been deleted with the timestamp of when they made the reply, which was crucial for winning the contest.
Could an admin please address this issue and if the thread was erronously deleted, then please restore it again.

The thread was located at: http://www.dnforum.com/f98/win-50-guessing-auction-price-king-info-thread-466929.html

I ask you to please address this as soon as you are able to since it was for a time-limited contest which could still be active if restored in time.

Thanks for taking your time with this and I'm looking forward to your reply.

Best regards,
Jonas

Upvote 0

chipmeade

Level 7
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Not showing up for me. The last contest post was on Nov of last year. http://www.dnforum.com/f98/ Adam your link was not working for me.

JED

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hi Adam,

Thank you very much for the fast reply, I appreciate it.

The strange thing is that when I press on the link I arrive at a page with an error message saying: "Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator"

Could it be that somehow the thread have been hidden for ordinary users and only those with admin status could access it?

Thanks once again for the help!

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Weird,

I see it here:

Forum
Platinum Forums>Advertising and Related Offers>Contests!> Win $50 by guessing auction price for KING.INFO

I'll move it back to advertising and see if that helps.

Adam

JED

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately it still shows an error message when I'm clicking on the link.

Thanks again!

JED

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Draggar, thanks for replying and explaining the reason for deletion. Although this was the exact reason I emailed an admin beforehand posting the thread, so I wouldn't be breaking any rules and having the thread deleted. It's troublesome if admins on the forum reasons differently and it's not enough to contact just one admin prior to posting.

I've also read through the rules for the Advertising and related offers section. The rules specifically say: "You may post offers that relate to domain names and the domain name industry (which include websites, internet, design, marketing, etc..., it does not include selling cruise tickets and used products you would see on ebay, okay, you get the point)".

Where does it say that I can't post an offer with a contest for guessing the price of an auction for a domain name I own?

Draggar, but I understand that everyone can have a busy day and make a hasty decision. If this is the case, I would be happy if you would restore my thread again.

JED

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I’m eagerly awaiting a reply for this and a possible solution, thanks in advance.

My experience with Dnforum have always been flawless and the contact with the administration have always been perfect, this also includes Draggar who have been polite and helpful when I was new on the forum.
This is the first time I feel sad and disillusioned about how an issue have been handled. I really wanted to make sure I made nothing wrong with this thread and which was why I contacted an admin well before I made the thread to get the thumbs up.

I’m reaching out to the admins on this site and asking if this could be solved in any way.
I welcome any solution and if my original thread can’t be restored, could I repost it anywhere on the forum?

I still enjoy being part of Dnforum and still thinks it is the best site for discussing domains, this can’t change with one little incident but I would feel even better about this forum if this issue would be addressed.

Best regards, Jonas

JED

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Making a last attempt, could I please repost the contest anywhere on the forum?

Thanks for your consideration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom