Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Sedo.com

dn bucks

Status
Not open for further replies.

roseau

Level 3
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Okay, I have tried and tried to find an answer to now avail.

What can we do with the dn bucks?

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
They're basicly worthless... :(

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DrWho
They're basicly worthless... :(

Geez I hate comments like this. The DNF$ can still be used to buy the features listed (custom avatar, glow, custom title and a ticket to the lottery) at the Rewards Store on the DNforum homepage.

That's just the start. DNF$ have been used for the purchase of registrations, names at auction, subscriptions to services, scripts, website development, software and hardware, and many many other goods or services.

Most importantly I think is that they are frequently used to reward other members for all kinds of help in answering questions, or for providing lists of available dropped names, or as currency for awards to contests or games.

Me thinks to venture a guess that there are plans in the works to expand the menu of features, products and / or services upon which DNF$ can be used. we will see.

For your information, in the last 24 hours, the exchange has recorded transactions totaling 3000 DNF$ points at an average rate of .015 per point.

Nuff said? Doc

namedropper

Level 7
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks DNbucks are worthless are more than welcome to send all of theirs to me.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Let's say we take a POLL concerning "DNF Bucks" ... should they be allowed to be "earned", or do they have to be "purchased"??
Would you be willing to pay for a nominal, annual "membership fee" ... and by doing so, restore the earned DNF Policy??
I would think 2,500 active members, or whatever the number is would love to have some input on this matter. IMO.
Thanks! :)

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Hey StockO...My opinion stands!

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
DrWho: You can sell your 1060 DNF$ for $16 which makes 2 and a half domain regs . Therefore, they arent worthless. You can say they arent worth much, but definitely not worthless..

domainAddict

Level 8
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Lets say that each day, 10 members donate you DNF$20. At the end of each month, that would make $93 of additional income. I sure wouldnt mind..

DrWho

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
DrWho: You can sell your 1060 DNF$ for $16 which makes 2 and a half domain regs . Therefore, they arent worthless. You can say they arent worth much, but definitely not worthless..

Good point...they're not worth MUCH! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

RON2

@domainbuyer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score

Good point...they're not worth MUCH! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Neither are one dollar bills, but I don't throw them away. :)

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey StockO...My opinion stands!

You can certainly have your opinions, but the least you could do is back your opinions up. Empty opinions tend to have a negative value economically speaking.

From my perspective DNF $ is a value-added commodity that has real worth. I say it's value added because you can use DNF $ bucks to purchase domains or trade for other products at no cost to you. The liquidity of the commodity is also very appealing. There seems to be a plethora of individuals who "accept DNF $". Note to Stoc: Start a contest for a "We Accept DNF $" logo :D

One last thing....Your comments add up to $0 DNF. (NO really)

izopod.

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
I think using the word "plethora" deserves 200 DNF Bucks in itself! :)
Good Luck.

StockDoctor

** Mr. Pink **
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by CoolHost
I think using the word "plethora" deserves 200 DNF Bucks in itself! :)
Good Luck.

LOL I agree!

Sending 200 DNF$ to izopod for using the word "plethora" in a sentence.

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by stocdoctor

LOL I agree!

Sending 200 DNF$ to izopod for using the word "plethora" in a sentence.

:D - thanks Doc....

Given that there are several threads on the DNF $ topic, I thought I would cut and paste more of my thoughts on this issue from another thread. I was responding to IPAtlas/CEO:

Originally posted by IPatlas
In this great forum I have met serious professionals with advanced degrees like myself. I don't think we are kids playing.

Speaking of advanced degrees. Do you realize that what is happening here with DNF Bucks$ could be turned into a very interesting doctoral thesis. Not to mention the fact that the "DNF Monetary System" could be studied for it's value as a economic tool to attract web customers. It's not a novel idea, but how it's been administerd has been. As a student in economic philosophy I have been amazed at the level to which this has been taken. There are no children's games being played here, and you can take that to the bank!

One last bit of izopodian philosophy: History has shown those who don't understand buy things from those who do.

izopod

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 2003
DNF$ are now as good as Monopoly money.

Hmmmm.....A DNF $ Monolopy game?? Thanks 2003 for the Idea. Maybe we could all play it, only we could use real Domain Names insteads of "fake streets".

I'd donate (1) Domain Name For this game. PokerChips.biz. If someone can come up with another biz, then we could create the "Biz" Boardwalk:D . Could also have a Info Blvd, and .De Place, and .US Ave, etc, etc.

Not sure how all this could play out, but certainly we could make a "game of it" using real DNF $$$ instead of "fake" monopoly money.

izopod

CoolHost.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Yikes!
This whole DNF Bucks' thing seems to worsen by the day, if not hour! Geez. Can't we simply have a POLL conducted of the current membership ... and let it be/rest with those results?!?
I think the results might surprise some. IMHO.
Thanks and Good Luck.

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Pfffttt....I started doing appraisals in DNF bucks, and doberry got all upset. WTF. Such hypocricy. If DNFs have such value, what is the problem?

izopod

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by 2003
Pfffttt....I started doing appraisals in DNF bucks, and doberry got all upset. WTF. Such hypocricy. If DNFs have such value, what is the problem?

Ah, go design a logo or something 2003.... :laugh:

izopod

timechange.com

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by izopod

Ah, go design a logo or something 2003.... :laugh:

izopod

I can start with yours; looks like a nail on the wall :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom